SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
QUOTE (demontweeks @ 16 Jul 2011, 16:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just thought I would raise the issue of the recent rule changes especially the issue of alloy wheels.

There are two main reasons for the rule change :-

1) To stop people spending 35-40 quid a time on cars only to find they are not upto the job simply due to poor manufacturing tolerances, and then going out and buying another car to try, and so on, and so on. Most cars can be made competetive with a decent axle, wheels and bearings and a suitable guide. My Scaley Williams has been transformed by fitting a Slot-it axle, PLASTIC Fly bearings ( not metal as the rules allow ! ) metal wheels and Slot-it F15's and as such has saved me the cost of buying another car to try, which may be just as pants, resulting in buying a third car, etc.

2) to help people maintain cars for which spare parts are , at best, difficult to get, or just don't seem to exist !

Some cars just will not be improved, I will admit. My Slot-it Porsche seems to be one - it now stands me over £100 and is still way off the pace of the moslers - sometimes the only way to keep up is to run what everyone else is running, but, not everyone wants to do that - some variety on track is nice !

As for the divide between the faster and slower members, I feel that we should all be imparting our knowledge onto those who perhaps dont have it, if they want it of course ! Some of us are never going to finish in the top three, no matter how good our cars may be - personally - I would just be happy to finish above sixth once in a while !

·
Registered
600 Posts

I think both my Alfa and my Porsche have the evo2 motors in - I was going to change the wheels and axles on them both - but - it aint gonna make no difference againt the evo3 ! I only change the back end on the Williams because it had so much slop out of the box that it was never going run until I did ! I was going to get the Mansel version when it comes out, but, wont bother now

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think you would have to bat that one over to the scrutineers. I certainly dont apply anything between runs, but, I have not done a paper test prior to putting the car on the track. So far, people have been given the benefit of the doubt as to whether they have read and understood the rules or not, but, at the end of the day, it is up to the scrutineers to be checking these things. I think the general rule of thumb is that things will on be checked when someone calls them into question.

Judging by the way that rule is written, I am guessing it has been plucked from the GB Slot Rally regs.

·
Registered
600 Posts
On the wheels/tyres issue, there is a document somewhere that lists all the different wheels, their sizings and the appropriate tyres from various manufacturers. I will see if I can dig it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.