SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would raise the issue of the recent rule changes especially the issue of alloy wheels. Please see below:-

1 One of my slot cars which was previously unable to race in the non modified class because it had alloy wheels presumably can now do so?

2 The border that now seperates Ninco pro class from 'non modified' is now much more blurred.

3 To change rules mid year can cause lots of problems/difficulties (recent change to F1 diffuser/exhaust use) and can only increase costs for members. There should be set times in a year when rules are modified to save costs for members.

4 I think that new members are going to be disadvantaged by this change of ruling. Wheel sizes/tyre sizes/standard rim size/gluing and truing etc etc I think that a further gulf will open between the haves and have nots (experience - non experience).

5 Solid front axle rule change, for goodness sake - if it doesn't work as standard don't buy that model. Should we really change a rule because one member has a slot car which doesn't conform to the standard - this really is the thin end of the wedge.

Demontweeks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there you have it - you could spend and spend but there comes a point where you have to give up. Surely a new member would look at runs well and purchase accordingly using Ebay if appropriate,

I had forgotten how much I had enjoyed slot racing but if you take the competetive thread out we might just be running train sets - incidentally there is nothing wrong with train modelling it's just different. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to purchase something which is non competetive - there is something special about how the Alfa runs in saloon but I cannot make one work no matter how hard I try hence the BMW, but can I catch Steve?

Rule changes need to be thought through and should not happen willy nilly during the 'race year'. I am more than willing to help newbies (and do) but what should I do now - remove all plastic hubs to run alloy wheels in order to stay competetive or grin and bear it. Hmmmmm Well changes are changes so I can now dust off the Renault and prepare it for rally use........ Yipee

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are wew allowed to change to an Evo 3 ? - the last two I have bought had Evo 2's hmmm think I will ask for a rule change to ban Evo 3 motors - shold make saloons more interesting.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You see how a little info can broaden your horizon and save aggravation and cash.

Try this one, I found this in the rules update of the 17th of February.

Tyres may be treated, but must not leave any residue on the tracks and will be subject to a paper test prior to the start of the event - no treatments may be applied between stages/runs'.

Hmmmm - What do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.