SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first saw Art Models new RX8 I decided I had to have it. I have this sort of policy of not buying street cars or cars without drivers in them (even if I have to redo what's there). Of course the people I race with wasted no time in giving me grief about it.

I threw this together quickly based on a Mazda race car I tracked down online. The artwork is my own with various logos cadged from "wherever". The actual color for the "rotors" is purple on clear decal sheet. When applied to the yellow car the translucense of the decal material produces the fine burgundy you see. The driver is a mix and match from a number of sources.

Enjoy!
Greenman62

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (minimental @ 26 Nov 2004, 23:52)very nice

but how does it go?

It's electrical... Y'know... put it on the track... use a controller... The usual for a slot car

Actually it could be better... real loose even with the magnets (there's two). I also think the rubber might be a bit thin to provide good grip. It's gonna take some tweeking. I guess they all can't burn holes in the plastic.

Greenman62

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
QUOTE It's electrical... Y'know... put it on the track... use a controller... The usual for a slot car

fair enough, i really did ask for that

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
QUOTE (greenman62 @ 27 Nov 2004, 06:41)[better... real loose even with the magnets (there's two). I also think the rubber might be a bit thin to provide good grip. It's gonna take some tweeking. I guess they all can't burn holes in the plastic.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very nice, Greenman. I also feel the need to have numbers on my cars, such as the Cartrix Boxter and Z3. I just put numbers on them, without replicating any actual race car, as you have done nicely. They also had helmeted drivers already.

I have a couple of the original AA rally cars and the tires seem quite hard, very little grip. This is actually kind of fun with the rally cars, almost continual sliding without mags. I think that some aftermarket tires, Si or soft rubber, would be called for in the RX-8s case. Once again, very nice work, I am looking forward to seeing your next project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts