SlotForum banner

RX81 motor desperately needed

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Martyn_ 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
entered the SCX proxy rally and bought a WRC 307 as it said it was eligible on the slotforum thread. Got it home to find it had a RX81-B motor which is inelgible - I've since had a thread on auslot sent to me that shows my car is non-compliant. Grrrr.

Has anyone got either an RX81 motor they would sell or swap for a spanking new RX81-B (properly run in) or got an RX81 motored car they would flog me?

Cheers, Martyn

#5 ·
QUOTE (snurfen @ 2 Jan 2012, 00:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi folks,
entered the SCX proxy rally and bought a WRC 307 as it said it was eligible on the slotforum thread. Got it home to find it had a RX81-B motor which is inelgible - I've since had a thread on auslot sent to me that shows my car is non-compliant. Grrrr.

Has anyone got either an RX81 motor they would sell or swap for a spanking new RX81-B (properly run in) or got an RX81 motored car they would flog me?

Cheers, Martyn

alright mate do you have the link to this thread? Im having the same issue with a citreon c4, hopefully one of my club mates will have a spare motor but they dont want to be opening all their rally cars to check a list would be really good.

cheers

tom

#10 ·
1) if i have streaks i very lightly sand it with 2000 grit wet and dry, i dont use it wet im not sure how.

2) I hand paint all of my cars, the trick is to use lots of thin coats rather than try and get it in one thick coat. I also use a flat square brush rather than a regular round brush. the paints used will make a big difference as well i use vallejo model acrylics or revell aqua colour. I would never ever use tamiya, humbrol or games workshop paint for flat car colours as the paints are too thick for hand brushing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.