SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to start acquiring cars on this class and want to make a list ordered by priority.

I would love to hear your opinion on the cars that are available both esthetically and performance wise.

It would be great to have some group photos for one to easily compare the models. It would be also great to read about some mods you have done. If you have done an effort to make them run similarly, I would be all ears. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WELL ITS A FUNNY GROUP TO DO IN THE SLOT WORLD
I GOT AVANTS S2000 PUG 207 WHICH IS A SUPER BLAST!
NEXT WOULD BE THE POWER SLOTS S2000 POLOS BUT THERE 2WD NOT 4WD LIKE THE PUG
I ALSO NO FLY AND NSR DO THE ABARTH PUNTO S2000 I ALSO GOT THAT (NOTE THE NSR) BUT ITS REALLY IN A DIFFRENT LEAGUE IN FACT I ONLY RACE MY NSR FIAT WITH THERE CLIO CUP CAR
I KNOW SLOTER DID A S2000 CORSA BUT THERE PRETTY RARE I SHOULD KNOW IM LOOKING FOR ONE MYSELF..
HOPE THAT HELPS ABIT

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
207, Polo, Punto, Corsa.

Are there any other 1:32 S2000s out there? TBH, with 1:1 WRC practically dead in the water (DS3, Fiesta, Mini and that's all) it would be nice if one or more of the mainstream slot manufacturers served us up some of the leading cars from the IRC - preferably with 4wd, even if it has to be band-driven.

Come on Hornby, SCX, Ninco - what about it?? Top-flight rallying is about more than WRC, you know.

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
I think the Polo and Corsa are S1600s, chaps.

Corsa S1600:

Corsa S2000:

Polo S1600

Polo S2000

So far there's the Avant Slot Peugeot 207, which is a weapon. When running nicely it will show Nincos the way home, courtesy of a fabulous motor and driftable handling. However mine spends more time running like a bag of bolts and throwing its wheels at the far corners of the club room.

NSR's Abarth Grande Punto is... well, I'm sure it's a very fast slot car. After all it rides on the Clio chassis. But it looks like the result of a night of passion between a Thingy and a sandwich box. So wrong I don't know where to start, so let's leave it at that.

Fly's take on the Abarth is, however, a thing of beauty. She's got a torquey low-revving motor, fantastic braking ability and, thanks to the simple chassis and interior, is dead easy to set up. It's only 2WD, but I'm happy to overlook that. Roughly on a par with the SCX Suzuki Swift and Citroen C2 S1600s, which are about the fastest SCX rally machines.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Thank you for the replies.

Driver8, I have not seen these slot cars live, size wise how do these cars compare, say the AV 207 and the Fly Punto? Are they close to scale or they are obviously enlarged?
We also have the SCX Ford Fiesta and soon the SCX Citroen DS3 and I guess later the Carrera Mini (which will need a new chassis).

Are these cars the same size as the SCX S1600 class or a bit bigger?

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
Here's my review of the Fly Punto: Review - might be helpful (I hope!)

The car featured was suffering from Fly's lack of white tampo layer, but that's OK because I wanted to make Giandomenico Basso's works IRC car from 2009. So here she is in her new clothes:

To get an idea of scale, here's the Punto withher main 1:1 rival, the Avant Slot Peugeot 207:

And here she is with the Ninco Citroen C4:

Size-wise there isn't much in it between the SCX and Ninco S1600s and the Punto. The Avant Peugeot is fractionally wider, and it's also certainly the shortest car in the club's 4WD rally class.

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
All the S2000s built to date (and their slot counterparts) are:

Abarth (Fiat) Grande Punto - Flyslot, NSR
Ford Fiesta - Llanta13, SCX (WRC)
MG ZR - nobody makes one
MINI - WRC coming soon (Carrera, Scalextric)
Opel Corsa - nobody makes one
Peugeot 207 - Avant Slot
Proton Satria Neo - nobody makes one
Skoda Fabia - coming soon
Toyota Auris - nobody makes one
Toyota Corolla - nobody makes one
VW Polo - nobody makes one

I have heard tell of a Citroen DS3 S2000 driven by Nasser Al Attiyah in the Middle East, but never seen it.

When the FIA was attempting to make its mind up on the new WRC formula, it was patently obvious that 2.0 was the way to go if they were interested in attracting manufacturers because the cars already exist. At the time in 2009 the only 1.6 turbo running was a Group R Peugeot 207 - with the engine that's now, in tuned form, to be found in the Citroen DS3 and MINI WRC.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually, the Avant Slot 207 isn´t wider than the Flyslot Punto,

or than the Powerslot Polo:

All three cars fit very well togethter sizewise:

The Sloter Corsa is much narrower, which loooks strange, especially compared with the NSR Clio, which is far too wide:

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, you are right the Punto is as wide as the 207. Pictures on a angle plus cars with different colors always mess up the dimension perception.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Btw, I completely agree with driver#8, the Punto drives very well. The only problem on mine was that the crown gear didn´t fit to the pinion, the fit was way to tight. I replaced the crown gear and the axle, and everything was fine.

If you think about buying a Powerslot Polo, be aware that there are two different chassis on these cars: the early versions have a simple, one-piece anglewinder chassis. The later versions (like mine) have a much more advanced anglewinder chassis with seperate motor pod. In the box there were even parts for 4-wd-conversion and for a spring-suspension for the motor pod! The car drives very well, too, if you change the tires.

@ driver#8: your repaint is stunning, did you make the decals yourself?

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
QUOTE (Drachenschorsch @ 20 Feb 2012, 15:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you think about buying a Powerslot Polo, be aware that there are two different chassis on these cars: the early versions have a simple, one-piece anglewinder chassis. The later versions (like mine) have a much more advanced anglewinder chassis with seperate motor pod. In the box there were even parts for 4-wd-conversion and for a spring-suspension for the motor pod! The car drives very well, too, if you change the tires.

@ driver#8: your repaint is stunning, did you make the decals yourself?

The PowerSlot Polo has almost taken over as the fastest modern 2WD car at the club (from the Ninco Clio), courtesy of the big magnetic pull from the motor as much as anything. They seem to take a bit of work to get running nocely, but after that they fly. Ninco Clio still there or thereabouts, the Fly Punto is just a bit too breathless on long straights, but makes a comeback on the brakes and in the corners.

Thanks Schorsch, glad you like her - it's the Rali Vinho Madeira 2009 livery - which Giando won - and yes, decals all home made. A few bits ot fidying still to do on the black painted parts, but it's the livery I wanted most so I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Even though it is narrower, I find the Sloter Opel Corsa is also very quick in it's sidewinder guise!?!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don´t know. Mine lost both rear wheels in the very first corner.

The Sloter Opel Corsa can be converted to inline configuration, which is what I did. It runs nicely now, but bottoms out easily.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi i just got 2 of the polos as they were on offer at a tenner each but the bodies dont seem to fit well did anyone
eles have the same issue, and how did you resolve it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts