SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Sad news. Chas was a real gentleman, and someone had always made time for anyone new to the sport which was how so many of us met him.

I just posted this to the BSCRA Facebook group which is my vivid memory of the first time I met Chas.

QUOTE I remember the first time I met Chas - it was the first meeting I attended after starting slotracing, a Southern 32 meeting at Oaklands in the old Harry Mitchell. In the lunch interval, this white-haired avuncular figure with a very broad Northern accent suddenly produced a large Christmas tree decoration of Santa's sleigh with about four reindeer attached that was mounted on a old Womp chassis and proceeded to scream around the track (it was fast) the wrong way around with it as this was just after we'd reversed the polarity and the sleigh was still wired up backwards. He was laughing all the time while three other people were trying to practise. The fact that it must have been mid July when this happened just added to the hilarity of it. A good memory.

Coop

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
QUOTE (Pendleslot @ 2 Jun 2016, 22:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Owen - your picture of Chas was taken at the old Pendle Club room. Was it from the Pendle convention in 2006? If it was Chas still looked the same 10 years later!

Yes, although it's actually one of David Lawson's pics. Back at the Walken Fisher meeting. Ten years ago? Blimey.

Coop

1 - 2 of 2 Posts