SlotForum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
That is very sad news. The comments here show how highly regarded Chas was, and with good reason. Sincere condolences to his family and many friends.

Ric

·
Registered
38 Posts
A lovely guy always ready to chat and give advice. He will be sorely missed. My condolences to his family.

With all the people we have lost recently there is going to be a big queue upstairs to get a lane !!!!

Chris

·
Eddie Grice
2,320 Posts
Been wondering what to say since Coop first gave me the news sevenish last night. As some of the others on here I've known Chas for 50 years or more. Our first meeting was in the GP final at the 1965 Oakland's Park open meeting. He beat me into 4th place using his concours Harvey Aluminium Special that's been referred to in other posts.
Later on in the 90's & naughties we had lots of dices at various BSL meetings, he was a bugger to try & overtake, you didn't get outside him!
He will be missed in many ways, not least for the many & varied bespoke parts he could make & supply.
RIP Chas.
Eddie

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Very sadc, a true legend of our sport has left us. I knew chas, s health had not been stellar overvthe lasr 10 years but he never let it get him down , and many slot racer over the last 50 years have been helped on their journey by chas,s knowledge and help. He,ll be sorely missed RIP my old mate , I,ll miss you

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Such sad news. Condolences to his family and friends ... M

·
mac pinches
2,154 Posts
Iv not been on the forum for a while so I thought id have a look around today.
What a blow to come across the news that Chas had passed away.
He was one of the old school guys, he lived for slotting, a first rate bloke.
I first met chas over 50 years ago, doing battle with him at the guards and
Watney Mann trophy races and over the years made a good friend of him.
I know time moves on and age takes its toll but to loose such friends still
hurts.
Goodby my friend, it was a privilege knowing you.
Mac P

·
Al Schwartz
3,396 Posts
I think I recall meeting Chas at an "Early Birds" a while back. I do remember being soundly beaten by his granddaughter piloting an elegant little '30's car (Austin?) I was surprised to learn that Chas was a bit younger than I - too soon to go.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the oldest (80) active (a relative term these days) slot racer.

EM

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Sad news indeed.

My condolences to the family. First and very much foremost.

And then also for the rest of us that has found Chas a pillar of the slotracing community.

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
Funeral Arrangements for Chas Keeling:

The funeral will take place on Friday 17th June at 2pm at St Paul's C of E Church, Bradford Road, Birkenshaw, Bradford BD11 2 DR.

Please contact Paul Bucknell on [email protected] before Wednesday 15th June with details of numbers of attendees. This will help the family ensure that Chas gets the send off he deserves.

Tony

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was sad to hear the news that Chas Keeling "Mr. SCD" has died. He was a big influence in my early days in slot racing though his technical articles for Model Cars magazine in the mid-1960s. I met him many times at race meetings and was a customer of his for over 25 years. Chas was one of the best, always friendly, always helpful. Without characters like him our sport couldn't exist. Thank you Chas for all that you did for slot racing. With sincerest condolences . RIP Chas

Chris aka the Rev

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Really sad news. I only came across Chas fairly recently when I dipped into BSCRA racing in 2009 and then set up the Worthing HO club the following year. We went to Chas for anything we needed and he might stock - our Parma club controllers are still going strong and most of our racers will have something in their box from Chas whether they know it or not. We could have sourced stuff elsewhere, but the link to Chas was a link to the very heart of UK slot car club racing - and that felt right and proper. He'll be sorely missed. My condolences to Chas' family and friends. Rest in peace.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts