SlotForum banner

Sad slot car habits?

4K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  SSD slotguy 
#1 ·
Has anyone else out there got sad slot car related habits, or is it just me?
After I`ve been using any vintage Scalextric slot car I automatically (& without thinking) turn it over & sniff the motor...
I also kiss my Jouef cars after every use!

Would be nice to know that it`s not just me who`s a bit weird.
Cheers,
Kev.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think we are all a little bit wierd playing with toy cars, but ho hum!

My sad slot car habit? At the start of every race, even though my tyres are clean, I always take my tape up onto the rostrum, do one practice lap, then stop the car, and furiously tape the tyres to clean every fleck or dust and dirt picked up on the one lap.

Anorak in hand...

Jon

#9 ·
Fortunately Kev has restricted this to slot car bad habits, because you really don't want to know about his others

That said I suppose my habit is that most evenings, accompanied at some point by some fine English ale, I slope off into my garage and despite promising to only have an hour or so a'tinkering and a'twiddling, I end up in there until she who must be obeyed has to come and physically remove me. I just loose all track of time I guess

Dave

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE I'm hoping that 'kiss my Jouef' will somehow enter into widespread usage.

Along with the message 'the magic paddle is latched'... heard on pit to car radio at the Grand Prix last weekend, priceless!

I have the same bad habit as JamieG, it drives the better half and my cats potty

#15 ·
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 10 May 2011, 13:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After I`ve been using any vintage Scalextric slot car I automatically (& without thinking) turn it over & sniff the motor...
I always have to 'check' how hot the motors are on the cars after I use them.
Also, I play with small cars on a plastic track!

#18 ·
QUOTE (ferraif40 @ 10 May 2011, 14:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think we are all a little bit wierd playing with toy cars, but ho hum!

My sad slot car habit? At the start of every race, even though my tyres are clean, I always take my tape up onto the rostrum, do one practice lap, then stop the car, and furiously tape the tyres to clean every fleck or dust and dirt picked up on the one lap.

Anorak in hand...

Jon

This is just good race practice (cleaning your lane)

#19 ·
My other half thinks all slot racers are strange creatures with odd habits, and even though I'm part of it all, it's hard to argue against her. However she has recently become obsessed with facebook, now I find that odd, why would you want to send endless messages to people you hardly know (or is that what we are doing on here). But in my book if you like slot racing and have a facebook account that is strange.

Nightrider

#20 ·
QUOTE (nightrider @ 10 May 2011, 18:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>why would you want to send endless messages to people you hardly know (or is that what we are doing on here).
At least we have something in common, that's more than can be said about most of the people on Facebook. Facebook = waste of space and time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.