Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all

for the last week or so, my track has been working fine, until today
as soon as you turn it on the APB goes straight into safe mode.
have traced it back to the corner lane changers. for some reason they seem to be shorting out, this is in digital mode not analoge.

has anybody else had this problem, if so how did you sort it.
removing them is not really an option as i need them to gain access to my pit lane

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
i have not seen or heard of this one before but a safe starting point is to get the trusty vacum out and give the clc sections a good hovering.

There may well be a discarded piece of braid or similiar giving you the short problem.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
........ i guess it must be time for Dyson Man ...

I have found the best way to sort things like this is to remove the track piece, invert and shake it like a good 'un, followed by the swift application of a vacuum.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
The lane changers have many more nooks & crannies (should there be an F in there somewhere??) than ordinary track to catch and trap detritus.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
henry has solved many a problem for me.As it will save you taking track up and it's free give it a try.Nothing to loose.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Be really careful with them, if they get the slightest bit bent then they can short out from behind the pivot rail touching the pivot and then when it clunks over you get a direct short from the tip to the pivot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts