SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

since I find myself racing solo many times at home (beside the club meetings), was thinking about some 'opponent' system.
If I'm not wrong the available choices are:
- Pacer System (classic tracks)
- Challenger C8159 (both classic and sport tracks)
- Pace car option of the C7042
Was wondering... which is the best?
For 'the best' I mean the closest to what would do a human opponent: faster on straights and slower on bends, constantly all over the race.

Now from what I understood:
1) the Pacer System requires you to drive a few laps with the pace car and then the System repeats your best lap with that car. Analogue only. Out of production.
2) the Challenger system uses a special car which learns the circuit and then drives to his pre-programmed best. Out of production.
3) the digital pace car(s) can be fine tuned but only to a constant speed which cannot exceed the maximum speed for the hardest point of the circuit (usually some R1 bend). However more digital cars can be assigned and they can also randomly change lane.

A few things that came to my mind:
option #1 let you drive agains yourself, that is against your own best lap, repeated 'endlessly'. This seems the best option to me since I like the idea to beat myself instead of a 'machine'. However it seems there is a problem with the controller's plug since the base requires the old type.
option #2 is good again because can learn any variation to the circuit and can be moved from circuit to circuit though it uses a special car. It can be used on digital tracks after the installation of a rectifier bridge. However I guess it cannot change lane so you always know where the pace car is. Maybe the digital chip can be installed and maybe a random change lane circuit can be made but it looks farther then my reach. Anyway, if it randomly change lanes, how can this car learn a circuit if it always change??? I don't know....
option #3 is good because you can make any car a safety car but I definitely don't like them to run at constant speed... a rubber band would do the same.

Moreover, if a safety car deslots or hits another car or suffer from tires degradation during the race... what happens? Does it know how to go on once put back into the track?

So which one???
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Luca

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, thanks a lot for your reply.
Since I'm not expert in digital, do you please confirm that SSDC only works with 6cars powerbases (making the whole thing a bit pricey...)?
Anyway, where can I find it for purchase?
If not owning a digital track (or an old 4cars powerbase), what's the second best option to your judgment?
Regards!
Luca

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Zetec-s,
the 6-cars powerbase allows up to 6 pace cars but, though fine tuned and able to change lane, they will run at constant speed which I don't think is a good thing.
From other replies, you need to add the SSCD system to the C7042 powerbase to have a smart pace car behaviour.....
Regards, Luca

1 - 3 of 3 Posts