SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
David Farrow
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Has any one got one we can use next week end.... Ho yes the work party at Corby is on for the weekend of 21st and 22nd.

A good way to work of all the Christmas pounds.

Names please of the willing,

Df

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a quick stage system enough to cover 8m wide & 5m high in 8'x4' platforms

free to use but I'm in Stevenage, Herts. if you can collect (It's heavy)

·
John Roche
4,157 Posts
I can get there Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. A bit concerned about scaffold towers though, I don't do heights I feel giddy enough on a thick carpet

What's the address? What time will you be there Sunday?

Cheers

John

·
David Farrow
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is all good to see

·
Registered
416 Posts
I need to check with hwmbo on her work shifts,
But hopefully will be available on one or both days.

Ed

·
Registered
32 Posts

each section is approx 8'x 4', uprights are about 3m? can take loads of weight (I've had a full pallet of tiles on one section)
feet are adjustable to get everything level (important)
slot cross bars in and lock with wedges via a hammer

i can get it all in my van LWB Movano

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've checked with the boss & I'm allowed out on Saturday til 6.
If someone can give me satnav details & let me know what time to be there, I'm in.

Ed

·
David Collins
2,364 Posts
Dave, you may have noticed I have not been at the club the last couple of weeks - I'm at home, off work with the flu. So I'm not sure whether I'll be OK for the work party this weekend. I'll just have to see how I am in a couple of days.

But I know where Gav's place is - can you let me know when you'll be starting work on Sunday?

David

·
John Roche
4,157 Posts
I'll second Davids request for directions and times. I'll be going out tomorrow morning quite early and don't plan on coming home before going to Corby.

RS2KSX I'm sure someone will be in contact once we know what we need. Thanks again.

Cheers

John

·
David Farrow
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok guys

We plan to start at 9 at Gavin's place both days, the post code is NN17 5LX and the address is
Unit 1 Wansell Road, Corby,
All hands will be appreciated

Df

·
John Roche
4,157 Posts
Thanks David,

Hopefully I'll be there by 2,30ish tomorrow and again Sunday morning.

Cheers

John

·
David Farrow
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Guys

A real good turnout today and we got loads done.
Thanks to Steve, **** T, Ed and Gavin. We didn't drop one single brick on anyone head, a couple of close calls but everyone lives.

See you all tomorrow.

Df

·
David Farrow
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Guys

Anyone else ache today!!!!! I must have hit my poor thumb ten times..

Fantastic progress was made with thanks on Sunday to **** K, Dick, John and Matt. **** T, Steve we there for two days on the trot. We didn't quite manage all the demolition and made more mess than I would have liked but good progress was made. The toilet door is still a mystery!

Come on guys are we up for it this weekend, quite a big ask this one as we will hopefully get the floor down and the steps in. Unfortunately Gavin has quite a few other commitments in February and March so we do need to press on when we can. Most people won't be able to make both days but any and all help makes the job move along faster.
So

Next work party

Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th see you there.

I have found out the water supply is to be cut off from the old place any time soon so quicker may be better.

Df

1 - 20 of 25 Posts