SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What’s up with the scale of various driver figures/heads.

I know some 1:1 drivers are athletic and have big egos, but many scale drivers seem anorexic and some have huge heads.

For instance I always felt that the Cox helmeted heads were over size,

Heres an example of scale inconsistency from my foray into acquiring vintage bits and pieces to create sone midgets.

The driver in the left is from the vintage 1954 Monogram P-1 midget static kit, the car model of which is exactly 1/18 scale (from my measurements), but is still used by some to create slot cars. From my memory the driver looks very close in size and design to those included in the early 1/24 Strombecker motorized models/slot cars:

The driver on the right is the one from the circa 1966/67 1/24 Monogram Hot Shot midget model body kit.

They appear to be very close in scale per the head, torso, arm length, etc.

I have purchased some nice imported kits to convert that included drivers; with the drivers considered bein a bonus, but many of these are far out of scale (Ie. rather small).

Oh well just a personal observation.
Hand Toy Gesture Finger Plant

Food Plant Fruit Seedless fruit Natural foods

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
One time on a whim I entered a car in a race with a female driver figure: the rules stated the driver had to have a visible 3d helmet, shoulders, arms, etc.
View attachment 315120
There’s a Lego store in the mall where you can select all the parts and build your own Lego figure right there.: for $10 as I recall, the last time I took my youngest granddaughter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts