1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
David K Phillipson
1,443 Posts

Attachments

·
re member
4,131 Posts
Wow, they have really put their foot down.

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Some great looking cars they have there AND a new track too!!!! Fantastic news, well done Scaleauto!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Some tempting stuff there! Going by the prices I have seen on some foreign sites it looks like the new plastic 1/24th chassis is about half the price of the metal chassis...

TED.....

·
ParrotGod
8,215 Posts
Cool to see some new item in the news section.

Also quite good news for us GT3 fans. That R8 is going to be a great car!

They also have some great releases in 1/24.

Of course the big news is about the new track. Looks very interesting. Carrera spacing and 6 radii.

THe comparison table is a bit strange but I was not aware that Carrera had a radius 5 curve. As far as I know there are only 4 radii for carrera curves.

·
ParrotGod
8,215 Posts
I just went through the text of the track: they are thinking to release a digital piece.

So another new digital track system.

Talking about dimensions, I like that the extra 1mm over Carrera gives them the "largest available".

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
A new track system is great, and you can't fault their ambition. I like the fact that they've concentrated on giving us more corners, rather than novelty track, and the Carrera converter should make it very useful. The borders seem a bit narrow though.

·
ParrotGod
8,215 Posts
Talking about the borders, I agree that they look narrow, especially if used for 1/24. Carrera borders are 99.9mm wide which is almost the double of their border.

Also please, can we have just plain black borders? No need to add unrealistic red/white markings. And pretty please no stupid dashed lines in the middle of the track!

For their description, it seems that the track will have ninco (spanish) surface...hope that is not the case and is more like carrera otherwise if one wants to mix the two types of track then the difference in grip will be too evident.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Being a Spanish company I think we can bank on the red & white borders, and the Ninco type track surface. But the borders can be sprayed, or made up from other materials, and the track surface will probably have a lot of fans, particularly in ScaleAuto's home country.

The game changer is having six different radii of corners, that's going to be brilliant.

·
ParrotGod
8,215 Posts
Being Spanish the borders should be red and yellow...not red and white ;-)

But I agree, it looks like a ninco on steroids...or carreroids.

For sure having 6 radii will be great. Even greater would be to have an 11.25 R5 and R6 to add a bit more variety in the corners and straight orientations (I am not a big fan of track designs with lots of straights parallel with each others). Still one can cut them.

I am still confused about that Carrera R5!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The colour doesn't really bother me, but I don't like to see kerbs anywhere but on the inside of corners. It just looks odd.

11.25 degree corners would be nice, but we're getting a bit picky there, as in most respects ScaleAuto will be the class leader in terms of their corners.

One thing that does worry me slightly is that there is no short straight, and looking at it in UR, it can make joining a track up awkward.

·
David H
3,791 Posts
I'm excited about this new track, especially if it will have a surface as grippy as Ninco. It's possibly a little too wide for confined spaces and the apparent absence of 5 and 10cm straights is a major oversight that severely restricts track design, but other than that it's a very positive step for the hobby.

Maybe I dreamt it, because I can't find details now, but isn't Slot.it also developing a new track system under the Polistil brand? I wonder if the market is large enough to sustain both?

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
One vacuum opens and Nature fills it again .......... when is the Nuremberg Toy Fair this year?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts