SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew that Scaleauto was working on it but I was not sure if they were going to do the real thing.
And apparently they are.
This is the final prototype 3d printed.

I am not sure why they are not using their new grey material for the chassis.
Anyway, this is coming and I am will get one or two white kits to add to the collection.
I am glad that I have not wasted a set of decals from MTR32 for this livery on the wrong corvette body:

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Gio, do you know of any 3dp chasis for the Scx C8R? those are the ones I’d like to have with competition upgrades 😀

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gio, do you know of any 3dp chasis for the Scx C8R? those are the ones I’d like to have with competition upgrades 😀
Not at this stage. I hope that Pendle manages to get some 3dp chassis for both the Scalex C8R and Porsche 911 GT3 (their new version) similar to what they offer for the Scalex Vantage and AMG.
Here I assume that your SCX C8R is the same body as the Scalex one.

· Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Hello Gio
Yep its finally coming (the Callaway C7) so soon we'll have a "legal" vette in GT3.
When I spoke with Ivan (Basas) about the car he mentioned that its a complete new kit, only the windows and Interior were carried over from the C7R GTE.

As for the chassis you mentioned....Prospeed already has a perfect DiSCA GT3 chassis for the Scalex Vantage and the AMG.
Main shape of the old and new AMG is 90% the same, some reshaping will be needed for the diffuser.
Stefan is already working on a Chassis for the Scalex Porsche after that its the Scalex C8R...which could be adapted to fit the SCX C8R.

With kind regards

Tamar

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why disappointing Pedro? You do not like the C7?
We have to wait till 2024 for callaway to give us the C8R.

· Jim Moyes
6,531 Posts
Keep seeing mention of an SCX C8R here, and that it shares parts with Scalextric. Any links to where the news is?

· Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Keep seeing mention of an SCX C8R here, and that it shares parts with Scalextric. Any links to where the news is?
Sorry Jim if the post was confusing.

Slotcar today has recently reported that SCX will de doing the C8R as well .
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

No sharing of parts with the Scalex C8R, or the Carrera C8R....but....

Since main manufacturers have started to use the same 3D files and data for their 1/32 cars their dimensions have become increasingly similar.
Which helps aftermarket producers like Prospeed to adapt their products for different brands of cars.
That is what I referred to in my post.

With the wheelbase of the Scalex and Carrera C8R being the extremely similar its very easy for ProSpeed to adapt the chassis design. So if the SCX C8R has a similar wheel base.....

Off course all these cars will not be "proper" GT3 cars but are GTE/GTLM cars. The C8R running in IMSA's GT3 class is still the "old GTE" car with a very heavy BoP.
But GM (not Callaway) has announced that they will doing a homologation special of the Z06 for GT3

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

With kind regards
Tamar

· Jim Moyes
6,531 Posts
Thanks Tamar. The confusion wasn't caused by your post, I think it was on another thread where GDSlot (Daniel?) suggested there was a sharing of parts.

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Thanks Tamar. The confusion wasn't caused by your post, I think it was on another thread where GDSlot (Daniel?) suggested there was a sharing of parts.
I don’t know nothing of the official news, but I have the Scx C8R and … by the look of the chasis and body Im pretty sure that… IT IS THE SAME CHASIS with just a few changes to adapt the FR42 motor that Spanish Scx fit in their new models .

Will upload some pics later si that you can judge for yourselves , but I’m pretty sure that the people at Scx got lazy and preferred to use the already existent chasis of the Scaley C8R.😌

Proof of that will be the lack of moving motor mount that Scx has used for at least a decade and that is present on the AMG, Audi R8, and that guess what? It’s nom existent in the Vette😐

· Jim Moyes
6,531 Posts
Thanks Daniel, it would be great to get to see some pictures. I have the Scaleys and will need to get SCX versions too.

Reactions: GDSLOT

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Ok here we go, exhibit A, pictures from the C8R body and the chasis, with inside view of it and underside view,
Gas Auto part Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Wire

Car Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive lighting

Please note that the fixed motor mount was adapted to acept the FR48 and also the LIGHTS, that at least in +10 years have been fitted in the BODY and suddenly, they appear fitted in THE CHASIS!!!, kist
Gas Rectangle Font Machine Electronic component

This is VERY unusual in SCX cars, in fact, I don’t remember have seen in the past 5 years or so a Scx car without the “rocker” motor mount. This will be confirmed by…

Exhibit B, pictures of the chasis fitted in the AMG of the same gen that the C8R,
Rectangle Font Brick Gas Wood

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

You all will notice that the motor mount, very well known in all modern Scx cars, it’s present in the AMG whereas it’s not in the C8R, making evident and validating one of these two options:

1) Scx people got lazy and didn’t wanted to bother with the design of a motor mount, or

2) Scx used the same files of Scalextric UK, adapting the motor for their needs and market and leaving everything else in place just like their cousins car.

Now I leave you to think about your veredict…

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To me it looks like Scalex and SCX have worked together on the C8R.
For instance, your SCX there Daniel and the same 4 body screw setup as the Scalex in the same spots.
We have criticized Scalex for going from the 3 body screw setup to the 4 one.
Also it is interesting to see the 2 front body screws close to the guide as in the SCX AMG: also this was noted because this has constrained the position of the guide (it could have been moved a bit more forward).
Interesting to see the lights on the chassis on the SCX: this is not typical for SCX, usually the lights are attached to the body.
Anyway, maybe we should move this to another thread as this thread should be about the scaleauto callaway C7R GT3.

· Premium Member
7,884 Posts
Why disappointing Pedro? You do not like the C7?
We have to wait till 2024 for callaway to give us the C8R.
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them anywhere.
I do not like green eggs and ham (and C7s).
I do not like them, Grunz-I-Am.

Other than because manufacturers are chasing exports and greenbacks I don't see why they all fall over themselves to model them - re-liveries are a little thin and uninspiring (Oh! Look! This one is... yellow.) At least when they all knock out a 911 or AMG GT3 you can be confident there will be choice.

That said, I think the Scaleauto models have been right at the sharp end of our Scaleauto class so they go better than they look (to me). 🤷‍♂️

Hey, you pay your money and you make your choice. I'll keep my Scaleauto shrapnel trousered in the hope that one day, one day, I can buy an NSX from them.🤨
#hopespringseternal

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have to say that the Callaway GT3 version of the vette has some nice liveries.
But if you do not like vettes then nothing I say will sway you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts