Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

Here is the next new 1/32 Scaleauto GT car, that was presented this last weekend in UK Slot Festival. Unbeatable car with unforgettable design: Honda HSV-010 GT.

Here are some photos of the first pre-production units in presentation livery. The first two racing liveries that will go on sale are:

SC-6030 Honda HSV-010 JGTC 2010 #32 Nakajima Epson
SC-6012 Honda HSV-010 Raybring Presentation

Including the new fully adjustable RT-3 chassis, suitable for Inline, Anglewinder or Sidewinder motor mounts, with all these features:
  • 2 front fixing arms style for motor mount. Geometry and properties can be easily modified exchanging this piece. Up to 4 motor mount front fixing points. Extended range of compatibility for motor mounts from third party brands.
  • Easily rear magnet assembly. With only 2 screws allows an easy to fix, adjustable rear magnet installation to assure the maximum speed.
  • Adjustable suspension post. Sided screw to adjust the motor mount vertical play. They also allow the mounting of suspension kit. And 4 motor mount rear fixing post with adjustable vertical play or suspension assembly.
  • Long Wheel Base chassis (LWB), 57.0 width & 81-86 Wheelbase. Adjustable car wheelbase, modifying the position of front axle housing. Adjustable front axle height to minimize the friction.
  • Independent guide holder. Adjustable guide position to rear and front axle, with 2 length available. Surface distance also adjustable using fine spacers.

·
Tel
4,031 Posts
I am still wary of a universal type chasiss, but the car looks like a must buy for me

·
Circuit Owner
5,889 Posts
Nice looking.

Very adjustable - which will appeal to the speed demons.

I would be changing that blue spur gear for a black one asap (see the last photo of the blue one). Apart from that very minor point they are very nice looking cars and are on my wish list.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,718 Posts
Good luck getting the red one Joe - they are probably not available - looking forward to the Epson car it should be sweet.

Wraith - the Raybrig presentation car looks like it may be black or black and gun metal

The chassis looks like a plastic version of the 1/24 MSC chassis

DM

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 22 May 2012, 18:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very adjustable - which will appeal to the speed demons.

I don't like the chassis. I haven't seen one yet with multiple holes that goes back square.

A bespoke chassis per model will always have less comprise built in.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just raced the Scaleauto Radical at Slot Fest in Manufacturers race using the new Rt2 Chassis. Motor cradle arrangement is up there with the best, infinately tunable for all types of track. The long awaited Honda is a winner in my book.
brembo

·
Tel
4,031 Posts
The "old" Radical chassis is simply awesome, no news yet on when the new radical livery hits the shelves despite it being scheduled for Dec last year !
I have yet to find a "universal" chassis that will outperform a good bespoke, but who knows, Scaleauto may just suprise us.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
QUOTE (dangermouse @ 22 May 2012, 23:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good luck getting the red one Joe - they are probably not available - looking forward to the Epson car it should be sweet.

Wraith - the Raybrig presentation car looks like it may be black or black and gun metal

The chassis looks like a plastic version of the 1/24 MSC chassis

DM

The Autobacs livery is foreseen and will be very close to the one shown here. That model was due to be released some months ago, but I will still be delighted to add all liveries to my collection.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 22 May 2012, 19:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would be changing that blue spur gear for a black one asap (see the last photo of the blue one). Apart from that very minor point they are very nice looking cars and are on my wish list.

I fully agree

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 22 May 2012, 18:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice looking.

Very adjustable - which will appeal to the speed demons.

I would be changing that blue spur gear for a black one asap (see the last photo of the blue one). Apart from that very minor point they are very nice looking cars and are on my wish list.

You'll only see that gear when it's standing still....which won't be too often!
Seeing that they're pre-production, I hope they bother to put something in the body work to cover it up otherwise it's just going to look cheap....which it probably won't be.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts