Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tryed the red scaleauto motors?? if so how good are they?? and is the 35,000 rpm one the best???

·
Registered
86 Posts
The 35K Scaleauto SC-07 is IMHO one of the best available, with or without magnet.
Without magnet you need shout gearing to have reasonable brake, lets say 10:36 or 10:38 with SW, and 8:28 or 8:30 with in line motors.
I tried, too, the "long" (i.e.: same shape as Ninco NC-2) motor SC-04, this one is hopeless: no way to make it brake... but my experience is limited to just one unit.

Ciao
Otello

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
They have plenty of power but choose what you use it in with care, a very good choice for a magnet car but can be a little hairy in a non mag ,Its very impresuve wheelspinning all the way down the straight but alway quicker to get the power on the track. What Im saying is although it is a good motor and one which I use regularly ,faster laps can often be had by using a more drivable one say a v12 26b which can give the same top speed by carefull choice of gearing and also be a lot easier to drive .

·
Registered
714 Posts
QUOTE a lot easier to drive .
I have to agree with Grah.
The SC07 is a tremendous motor, amazing performance for the price. But with around double the rpm capabilities of a standard S can, it can be a REAL handful. It takes some acclimatizing to!

imho, it's ideal for longer, faster tracks, but wasted absolutely on an average home circuit where a standard motor is absolutely ample. If funds permit, I would suggest to try a pair of similar cars, one with a V12 and the other with an SC07, then make up your own mind.
There is nothing quite like personal experience!

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE (Mecoprop @ 18 May 2004, 14:47)imho, it's ideal for longer, faster tracks, but wasted absolutely on an average home circuit where a standard motor is absolutely ample. If funds permit, I would suggest to try a pair of similar cars, one with a V12 and the other with an SC07, then make up your own mind.
There is nothing quite like personal experience!

Yes, I agree.
My previous comment assumed club racing use; at home you don't need such a powerful motor.
On the other side, on our 40 m. Ninco track the SC-07 is faster about half second than the same car with V12. (The average lap for a magnetless GT car is 9-10 seconds.)
Anyway, this is a quite fast track.

Ciao
Otello

1 - 5 of 5 Posts