SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

News from Scaleauto with two new liveries and a new model due for release later this month.

Porsche 911 GT3 - Imsa Challenge Cup - Utah 2006 - Scott Kusy - Ref; SC-7014 (1/24th Scale)

Porsche 911 RSR - 24h Le Mans 2010 - Team Felbermayr - Marc Lieb, Richard Lietz, Wolf Henzier - Ref; SC-7016 (1/24th Scale)

Jaguar XKR-RSR GT2 - White Racing Kit - Ref; SC-7019 (1/24th Scale)

There is a wealth of information contained in the attached three PDF documents, including more photos and details of an extensive list of spare parts.

View attachment SC_7014_Gulf___96_Imsa_Challenge_Cup_Utah_2006.pdf
View attachment SC_7016_Porsche_911_GT3_RSR__77.pdf
View attachment SC_7019_Jaguar_XKR_RSR_GT2_White_Racing_Kit.pdf

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Do we know if the white kit comes built or ready to build, I'm hoping the latter as it seems pointless for the manufacturer to glue it all together for us to rip it all apart again (I can't remember who made them like this but I do know I've had them in the past)

·
Registered
524 Posts
QUOTE (Wraith @ 24 Jun 2011, 02:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Suddenly a mute point for me, didn't see the 1/24 bit

Not for me, these cars look great.
Nice to see a 1/24 scale car getting some attention.

·
Registered
973 Posts
They do look great, but does anybody have any idea how they go? Is there a speed and torque rating for the motor? These are quite un-moot points for potential purchasers.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I think they look fantastic and the chassis is supposed to be very good, but I haven't got anyone to race against in 1:24 scale

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
The motor specs are as follows
Ref SC025 Sprinter - 21,500rpm @ 12v, 320gr/cm, MPM 14.5gr.
The cars handle extremely well, when driven sensibly they feel planted to the track and are difficult to deslot, If you do corner too fast the back end will drift nicely. Possible slight criticsm is that due to the weight and super smooth gears they do lack brakes, hopefully we can overcome this by changing the gearing.
Our club were so impressed with them it was decided to include them as a class for the 2012 season.
Sean

G

·
QUOTE (aerodynamic @ 24 Jun 2011, 10:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They do look great, but does anybody have any idea how they go? Is there a speed and torque rating for the motor? These are quite un-moot points for potential purchasers.

You won't be disappointed, my Porsche at Molesey is just as fast as the BRM's if not quicker with the standard gearing. To judge the speed I would say as quick as an inline slot.it car.

Don't know about the torch of the motor but it's just right for the Scale.

Looking forward to getting a BMW, but so tempted by the Jaguar XKR-RSR GT2

I think we are going to have to run theses in with the BRM's

Can you imagine a grid of these cars at Molesey Dave?

I have run one round my Ninco track without any problems.

Sean
Will you be getting in spares for these cars?
A must have for me is "Front axle mounts with suspension system" to adjust the ride height.
My Porsche has loads of brakes, I have to turn the brakes down, the tyres are trued and glued with 3in1 added, plenty of grip on a wood track.

I will do a video on Monday night.

Phil

·
John
1,340 Posts
They look great, they drive great, they are durable and best of all; they are fast!

Two things though; the brakes are a little vague, but this is easily solved by going to the 8 or 7 tooth pinion.

The other is that it would be nice to see a stockist in the UK for the spares. Whilst I appreciate stockists and by that I mean our friends at Pendle will only stock what there is a demand for, so buy one see how much fun they are and spread the word.

The old ones have a slightly more pokey motor than the newer versions, but again they aren't under powered even now. It is a long can so you have got plenty of choice to upgrade.

I will have to post some pics of my beauty!

BSN

·
Registered
524 Posts
QUOTE (knight rider @ 25 Jun 2011, 00:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes Phil, i'd love to see these cars taken on, maybe replace the BRM's ???

I'd like to see it put up against a 1300 plafit chassis with the same shell & motor. That's a road test I'd love to see. My gut feeling is it would murder a same powered BRM.

·
John
1,340 Posts
What works in the BRMs favour is its simplicity and those Mahoosive rear tyres, they have got to be at least 5mm wider than the stock scaleauto ones.

I would think that the plafit chassis would perform simularly to the MSC as they both work on the same principals. Peak performance is more a factor of motor, wheel, tyre and gearing than the difference between the 2 chassis'.

Still haven't finshed painting my Porsche! Too busy racing.

BSN

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thats all very welll and I agree they look superb...but why dont they start doing stuff of this quality in 1/32 scale...!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, would like to add my comments: here in the USA (New Jersey) we have a 1/24 SCALE model racing group and have been racing 1/24 scale BRMs for 3 years now at a commercial track. We have recently begun to track test the Scaleauto 1/24 cars, and will begin to race them as a new class later this month. Here is a track test comparison between the 2 brands of cars: 7.8 second best lap times with a modified (race tuned) BRM, basically a stock car (motor), 10 tooth pinion gear, BRM foam rubber rears, lead weight inside chassis, low profile front tires, commercial track guide flag. Scaleauto: box stock (Matmut Porsche), only change allowed: Scaleauto foam rubber rears: 7.2 second lap times, taking it easy, as car is not fully broken in. So i expect to get down to the 7.0 lap time, if not break into the high 6's.

Braking: fantastic! not sure wha types of tracks other here have tested Scaleautos on, but i find the brakes superb, i can go fully into a turn at full throttle, apply full brake, and not come out of the slot, even on a hairpin. The car is perfect out of the box. We race on an 8 lane older commercial track with light spray glue. Scaleauto is superior to a BRM, which needs a lot of tuning to perform well.

I see Scaleauto as the next big thing in 1/24 SCALE (as opposed to scale) racing. We really enjoy these cars here in the US.

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (craigus22 @ 4 Jul 2011, 14:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats all very welll and I agree they look superb...but why dont they start doing stuff of this quality in 1/32 scale...!!!!

Stay tuned!!!! At nurnberg there were 3 cars shown in 1/32 a honda a jag and a merc all with a new anglewinder chassis so the Jag and the merc will at least mirror the offerings in the 1/24 cars. The motor that is in the 1/24 cars is the sprinter which is the same as what will go in the 1/32 cars. It has the same sort of power as a slot.it boxer or a NSR king evo 21. Or colgate toothbrush motor

I would think a car this size could easily handle more motor but i like it when there is a common starting platform. Can always crank the volts up if you need to make things a bit more testing for the drivers. 1/24 probably needed a good platform of rtr cars. Plafits are fiddly as hell and for most folk its easier to buy it and run it rather than do all that kit body stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts