SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium Member
I nearly brought this to the table (forum) but got distracted by... something or other. Can't wait for this release, much better than some pokey old breathed on AC Ace or green Aston.

That Caterpillar car is on the list. (y)

David H
What is it with you, Wankel? A letterbox fetish? All these modern GT3 cars are the same, covered in letterboxes with some wings and winglets bolted on too. 1960s letterboxes had so much more style and came in ones, twos, threes and, just occasionally, a few more, not by the hundred. Quality over quantity. I like fast modern cars. I drive one, but at least when I'm driving it I don't have to look at it. 馃

The only NSX that has ever been interesting is the one Senna drove round Suzuka, and only then because his style of throttle-pedal stabbing was unusual.

Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Premium Member
All I'm sayin', and this, this is all I'm saying, but I'm not the one annotating images and highlighting all the vents like a vent perv. Uh, uh. That's not me doing that.馃槆

The NSX, though, loved it when it was released - though not enough did and they've killed it off - and loved it even more after I got to sit in a GT3 at Goodwood a few years back.

What I'm saying is, I think I'll need a couple of Scaleauto's model. At least.馃檮

Reactions: GDSLOT

Registered
This project has taken such a long time, i guess they were so hell bent on ripping off the NSR F1, that this project got put aside.

Now sideways is dominating the GT3 market, new NSR mclaren also.

Early 2019 is when this project was announced, how many cars has Sideways done since then ?

ParrotGod
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like both Sideways and Scaleauto.
I think Scaleauto has also been busy with 1/24 (they have some very nice upcoming projects in 1/24) and making a new track system.
So give them a break! ;-)

Premium Member
Um? Ahem. All I'll point out here, and this, this is all I'll point out, but didn't Sideways say they were doing a 488 (was it?) years ago? Pre-pre-Covid?

I love Sideways and get/assume that they're a much smaller operation but their fecundity is frustrating.

Won't the 720 be NSR's only second genuine new shell since pre-pandemic times??馃 None of these manufacturers have been prolific, is what I mean.馃し鈥嶁檪锔

ParrotGod
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sideways 488 I think is ready to go. As I understand there is a roadblock around the license.
But I am not sure of the exact nature of said roadblock, or why there is a roadblock in the first place as most of the GT3 cars being released are not officially licensed (there are exceptions of course).

Registered
Carrera has Ferrari exclusivity as far as I鈥檓 concerned, but would be nice to have a Sideways 488 and even better if races equal or better than the Lambo馃榾

Reactions: r377

Registered
I have been looking forward to the Ferrari 488 by Sideways for some time. Hopefully they can work out the licensing. I was surprised that they were doing it in the first place, but figured they must be getting around it by not using the actual Ferrari name.

Heath

ParrotGod
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I saw the model I was not surprised because Black Arrows have been doing that for ages with the 458.
TA71 is another one that has been doing the same...so why not Sideways.
Anyway, the 488 is due for an update so maybe we should wait a bit longer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts