SlotForum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Thanks for sharing Jason.

Great to see a new track system.
3 obviously game changers if not properly done for me is conductivity, resistance to corrosion and of course texture of surface.

On a seperate note the Chinese made Ninco not the same quality rail coating like older Spanish Ninco. However still states made in Spain on the bottom. Maybe they are referring to the packaging?

Tooling each piece is mind blowingly expensive and this must be a huge risk. Good luck to them.
But .....Why make a few mm wider than Carrera? Why no Ninco adapters. Narrow border huge error. No digital lane changers and no short straights. You only get once chance to impress.
Greg for me plastic and timber both have pros and cons.
The list is too long to write up but I like both.

Man if someone could bring out a Ninco style track in 105 mm spacings with various digital pieces I would buy it in a flash.

Rick

·
Greg Gaub
15,154 Posts
I believe this is meant to have a Ninco-like surface. They also stated in the PR that 2019 will have a digital straight piece, though no mention of what system it will be designed to work with, if not some kind of universal thing with room for whatever electronics people want to put in it. It looks like the main question, then, is how good the rails will be, both for corrosion resistance and for continuity. Wider borders would be better, though.

·
ParrotGod
8,624 Posts
Jason

talk with Tamar. He can provide you with Ivan Basas' email address.

I have communicated with Ivan over emails and 1) english is not a problem and 2) he is quite responsive.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I find that 2 short straights, one slightly longer than the other, are very, very useful for small circuits.

Rob

·
Kevs Racing Bits
3,075 Posts
I find that 2 short straights, one slightly longer than the other, are very, very useful for small circuits.

Rob
So that would be a 'short straight' and a 'shorter straight'

·
Registered
272 Posts
If the range has a full straight and a half straight, and only one short straight can be produced, it is more useful to have it say one fifth or one seventh rather than one quarter, or indeed any size which does not multiple up to the half straight exactly.

Rob

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.