SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I introduced myself in the introductions section, and explained what scalehectic is all about, well I have finally got around to taking some photos, and here they are.

Well they would be if I could work out how to post photos, can someone help me

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thats a quick response, thanks wankel Ickx, I am just trying to sort it out now.

I can see by your name and picture that you are into RX7's, a man after my own heart, do you own a real one? I've always wanted a gereration 3 FD RX7 Twin Turbo, but because of the mileage I do and reliability issues I decided to get a Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, but the price of the RX7 has come down so much in the last 2 years I am seriously considering buying one as a second car.

Also, I have built myself 2 generation 3 and 1 generation 2 RX7 slot cars. I am hoping that with all the new JGTC cars coming out that someone will bring out an RX7

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Yes, I have a black FD3.

Reliability issues? I'm on a rebuilt engine!

I have an Arii kit partially done. It's been partially done for over two years now - interesting, my daughter is two years old. Spooky connection?

Sadly, though I would love to see a pukka JGTC wankel out there on the 1:32 shelves, I suspect it will never happen; hardly enough room for a mabuchi and not enough repaints.

Now hurry up and let's gawp at your track photos.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
Try Photobucket Garath.

Star photo is painfully slow unless you get onearly in the morning.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
Looks like another roadtrip destination, Scott!

When are you back "home" next, Swiss?

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
Of course, Edo!

In fact if we arranged a Tuesday night at Scalehectic, you could have 4 consecutive nights racing -Monday to Thursday- and experience the places where we "normally" race.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
I really wish I could come but I really have to go on vacation with my adored wife Viviana.
After all the excitement of the past week, she says, we need a holyday.
Is there a sea around where you guys are going to race all week?

Best
Edo
PS Can you take more pics at Scalehectic, I would love to see more of that great track!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi guys, so you like the pictures then?

are you all planning some kind of tour of tracks then?

If you are and would like to arrange some track time then give me a ring on 07788 973757 and I am sure we can sort something out.

Edo, I will be at the shop tomorrow so if I remember I will take some more pictures.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That would be a fun track to run on... beautiful layout, and you completely maximized your available space, too. Kudos for an incredible job. Great idea with the name/use of the Scalex logo, too.

Where do racers hook up... on the wall opposite the center of the track... behind the racer? Just guessing... the guy with his back against the wall in the top photo seems to have a controller in his right hand. If so, excellent idea, as that would certainly keep the sightlines open.

Also, looking at the cars shown on the track, I'm glad to see you run it clockwise... because counterclockwise, that turn at the end of the straight... with that drop off... ohhhhh, mannnnnn. Heh heh.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Swisher,

yep you are correct, racers do stand along the oposite wall, it took alot of planning to make sure we maximised the space and at the same time allowed all of the racers to see the track.

The track can actually be run in both dirrections just by the flick of a switch.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Garath
is there a way to have a wide shot of the track, please?
If you do not have a wideangle perhaps you could take a pic in 3 sections and I could try to stitch them togheter and republished it here.
I am very interested in your "stacking" straights above one another solution and I might "copy" that to enlarge my Carrera track (if you do not mind).
Thanks!
Kind regards
Edo

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.