SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres currently a good deal at index which might have slipped past most of you as its not too clear in the catalogue that they are scalex cars. Part number 437-083 is a twin pack of porsche gt3rs for £29.99 .

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
On the subject of Scaley 911 GT3s, I picked up the Modelzone one (along with the Mustang) this week. They're knocking the Porsches out for £16.99 and I remembered to produce my Hornby Racer membership card and got a further 10% discount. The Bluewater branch had a lot of "broken box" specials as well- SCX rally cars at £14.99 and the like so I had to tear myself away, but it could be worth checking your local one out.

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
QUOTE (phipster @ 28 Mar 2004, 11:30)I never knew that you got a racer discount at modelzone! Do they give it on all cars, or just scaley?
Interesting point that!

Damn! I wish I'd tried with a Fly or SCX car now!

I suppose it depends on whether it's a Hornby promotion (i.e. an agreement between them and MZ) or just MZ's own promotion. Gotta be worth a try though, SCX cars at £15 are good, £13.50 is even better.

BTW- are Modelzone nationwide, or more of a south thing?

Mr.M

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't know whether its a promotional thing or not but Modelzone would only give the 10% discount on Hornby with the Racer card. I tried to get it on Fly and SCX and was told that it wasn't applicable to those products.
On another occasion I tried to get discount with my NSCC card but that was refused in favour of the Racer card.
Where I was successful was at Hamleys; when buying their Mini set I told them that Modelzone give the 10% discount with the Racer card and asked would they do the same?
Result? 15 quid off the set, saving almost as much as the Racer subscription cost!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well, the RACER card is a Hornby product so it stands to reason that it doesn't apply on other manufacturer's cars.

Can you imagine a FLY discount card...? Deep Joy!

I'm afraid that you need to rely on your friendly shop for any good deals on the other cars.

Mark.

·
Registered
209 Posts
QUOTE (GRAH1 @ 26 Mar 2004, 23:34)Theres currently a good deal at index which might have slipped past most of you as its not too clear in the catalogue that they are scalex cars. Part number 437-083 is a twin pack of porsche gt3rs for £29.99 .
9 days ago I went into my local Index intending to buy a pair of the Porsches, but decided to visit the nearby toyshop first (not the model shop, thats a left turn, the toy shop is a right!!!) and found a pair of similar Porsches in blue/green and white (far nicer colours in my opinion) for £14.99.... needless to say these were the ones that my kids played with whilst they recovered from chicken pox.... The same shop had a pair of F1 cars (Jordan and Williams) for the same price.... They ALSO had a number of different obsolete sets at a reasonable discount.... (reduced from £79.99 to £59.99) so as of Saturday we are the proud owner of one of those too........... and the wife never batted an eyelid!!!!! (Thankyou...)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
There are a lot of slot cars and slots on sale in toy shops all over. The 'toy' slot market has a massive peak in sales at christmas, so those shops stock up for that, and then want to clear the shelves for other stuff during the rest of the year. The dedicated model and hobby shops keep good stock all year round

1 - 14 of 14 Posts