SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried out my new Scalex Fabia last night, pretty car!
but in un-altered mode it did not feel particularly fast. So i took the magnet out, and it struggled to stay in the track. Finally i moved the magnet to the front, allowed alot more speed, and a little more slide.

but i want more, of either. The speed is not comparible with Minis, let alone the pony war cars. And the slide is not comparible with 'classic' scaley or SCX.

any other thoughts from Fabia users?

Cheers

PaulW

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have been running the Skoda without the magnet for a few weeks now.

It isn't the kind of car you can slide round the bends with the tail out. This is probably because of its short wheelbase. It tends to snap out and snap back. Also due to the extra drag of the four wheel drive system it isn't fast on long straights.

However, once you have got the hang of it, quick laps are there to be had. The car does hold the slot very well and is quick in and out of the corners.

I have found that it is one of my fastest Scalextric rally cars but not quite as fast as my SCX Citroen. Driven well it can give an SCX car a good race.

I haven't tried adding any weight yet but it may help to produce more predictable slides.

JS

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Welcome to the board, I'm sure you'll find folks who can answer your question hereabouts.

Is that, "Pretty car" in an Italian voice similar to that in the opening sequence of "The Italian Job"?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi Paul, Nice of you to join us here at SF!

I did like the look of that Fabia, Still think it is one to be added to an ever growing list of cars i would like to have.

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts