SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day
Why is it that you can't buy scalex front wheels seperately If you only need front wheels to replace one or use on a scratch build you have to get a chassis kit. Seems a bit of a waste to me

and before Al Penrose reminds me of his fine product the group I run with stipulate plastic wheels.
Cheers, Lenny

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
G'Day
No takers on this one ?
S'pose there's the old resin casting.
Don't suppose anybody knows where I can get some of the old scaley cooper FJ rims from? Will the ninco classic tyre fit that particular rim?
Cheers, lenny

·
John Roche
4,173 Posts
Hi Lenny,

BTS make replacement parts for a lot of the old Scaley stuff, some other makes too.

I can't give you any more info at the moment as I'm sneaking a quick look at work.

Cheers,

John

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE Will the ninco classic tyre fit that particular rim

Yes,they work great,I use them all the time,one of my favorite tires.

See,and I didn't once mention my fine wheels
Oh!Darn,I just did.

·
John Roche
4,173 Posts
BTS Mouldings are at:

Rear of 19/21 Mount Rd
Haqstings
East Sussex
TN5 5LB

01424 722279

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
979 Posts
Lenny,

You could try Pendle Slot Racing (www.pendleslotracing.co.uk) they have quite a large section of Scalextric parts past and present. You can buy the wheels in pairs (including axle) for both fronts and rears, and they are also very helpful when I have contacted them.

If that is no good try hunting around on Ebay, usually there is loads of auctions for Scalextric scrap, sometimes you can find some little gems - but be careful there is an awful lot of rubbish out there!

Cheers

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts