SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok boys n girls and jonnys

Ze first picture is of the rear end of the TVR, this shows the "I said I was trying" marks note middle of rear nearside wheelarch.
you may also notice my nice collection of amatures behind the car!

this second pic is of the "play" I released using the rear screws, there is a ruler provided for reference to detail

the third picture show just how hard I really was pushing or rather what happened when I tried to go quicker, although it is possible

the 4th picture is of the chassis, as usual I have glued the moteur at the front and back and all the relevent bearings and other gubbins, once the glue had dried I dowsed the lot in WD40 and put some heavier oil on the bearings of motor , shaft and axle.

the 5th picture shows that I have removed and got rid of the 2 central screws that appear to have no use apart from a speed restriction, I have slackened off the rear screws by 1+1/4 turns

now, remember that there isnt much low down grunt to the car, so treat it as it has severe turbo lag in other words, keep the throttle open as long as possible that means late braking and early accelerating or even holding the throttle on in longer bends to prevent the throetic "turbo" "dropping off boost". Acheiving this will make the car look fast in the bends, but appear to have no or little acceleration on the strights as most acceleration should be have acheived exiting the corner.

I hope this helps

Rob.
p.s if your the car isnt wriggling coming out of bends you arent going quick enough!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Firstly thanks for making the effort for us all. Will try out all above tomorrow. Let you know how I get on ok mate. Just got in from running corporate do. Used F1 got a few broken so thought I`d sub in a few Scalex Indy cars, With sanded tyres they went like GWS well impressed and good value for the money.

·
Registered
752 Posts
What t'other Rob's simple tweaks do, is allow the car to be driven at, or near full throttle in a smooth and predictable manner. The TVR is still not speed demon in a straightline, but the mods allow you take so much more of the available speed into and through the bends.

-Rob

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jonny, careful what you say, I misclicked a topic then and thought it was some attempt at a sick joke!

Rob.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I knew you would get me back pretty soon> Now stop this one to one before I get kicked off...notice that you didn`t get a rollicking. Conspiricy methinks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cheer's for the tips Rob, tried em out tonight and while the TVR is still far from my favourite car, it certainely is a bit more lively now and I was putting a bit more effort into braking late and getting the power on sooner and I did feel that I was enjoying the car more,

So result

Sunny

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
great reply that s1255, I wasnt sure that is was just that it was my driving style and a bit of fluke on tolerances.

It works folks!

Rob.

p.s now I cant upset people with my late braking.. rr3.9 was always put off by it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts