SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a scalextric Mitsubishi WRC car which might be entered for the rally event at wrexham. Not really done a no-mag set up before, especially a rally one. Just taking the mag out, it falls over a lot, sometimes the front skips out, its just rubbish. So roughly how much weight and where? 5grams? 50 grams?

Tips and starting points appreciated

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers guys, have added weight inside car (10g just in front of sidewinder, and 5g just behind guide), put skinnies on front, removed lights and loosened screws so far, lap time down to 7.2 seconds from 7.9 (mag out, box standard). Me RAID does 7.1s, box standard but magnet removed (any tips for that one? seems good as it is).

My faster magnet cars do 3.8 seconds on the same (technical curvy) circuit - is that the kind of lap time difference you would expect between a WRC no mags vs a mag scalext mustang or dallara?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys, got the times down to 6.8s now for both cars, though dont really have anything to ccompare it with to know if that is good or not! Oh well

I have added 15g to the lancer evo - does that sound like a lot of weight or hardly any? (inte - I know you think thats 15g too much!)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the lancer evo was 4.7 without mags, and now 6.8 with... 25% on 4.7 would be 5.8... hmmmm

Told you all - I dont do no-magnets!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheers matt, good tip! unfortunately I am at hug's place and I didnt bring my slot-it with me. At least the lancer is much improved than it was before, so thats a good start

1 - 5 of 5 Posts