SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've just noticed on 'PendleSlotRacing' that Pioneer make cars that are Scalextric DPR ready.

1. Does anyone have any experience of them?

2. Does anyone know of other companies producing Scalextric DPR ready cars? (With the removable tray, not requiring any soldering etc).

Cheers!

· Horlicks Hero
1,954 Posts
Pioneer are quite well regarded. The owner is a regular poster on here. I'm not aware of any other company making RTR DPR cars, but some of the aftermarket chassis, especially the 3D printed ones, come with an option to have the DPR hole built-in. Many of the primary manufacturers have their own digital track systems, so they build their cars around those rather than making them work easily with a competing product.

· Circuit Owner
5,961 Posts
Pioneer cars are on a par with Scalextric American muscle cars running in our clubs V8 muscle class (no magnets). Pioneer are more highly detailed and the motor is a little hotter but they dont corner quite as well as the Scalextric Camaros.

· Registered
558 Posts
I found that the Scalex. DPR chip fit the aperture in my Pioneer Mustang's chassis perfectly. When I went to screw the body back on however, there was some minor fouling with the interior of the car and some slight modification was necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.