SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've slowly been gathering up the A/206 name boards as and when I come across them reasonably, I wondered if anyone had a concise list of the name boards produced?

If not maybe we could try and create one by naming the ones we have?

So here's my list (in alphabetical order);

Aston Martin
Bentley
BRM
Cooper
Ferrari
Jaguar
Lister-Jaguar
Lotus
Porsche
Vanwall

·
Phil Smith
2,638 Posts
There was a name board for every single make of car and motorcycle that was produced.
Some are extremely rare, also there are French versions that use a different font.

So list the cars makes that were produced (in the sixties and maybe early seventies, not sure when they stopped production) and that is your list.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so there's quite a few to collect then? Were they just made for the English and French Range of Cars, or were they available for Spanish cars also? for example was there a 'Honda' one for the C36 Honda?

I have a few doubles if anyone wants to swap any?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is awesome, nice collection and thank you for such a detailed reply, I can't see an 'AC' board though?

If you have any spares you would wish to sell or swap, please let me know.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't think we can find Honda, it's a recent car for Scalextric...

Ans so, we can see Alfa Romeo and Bentley, 2 very old cars, there was a pair, like Bugatti and Auto Union, they were contemporary, two by two...

If we found Typhoon, Triumph TR4, where are Hurricane and Sunbeam Tiger ?

We found first F1 Tinplate, as Maserati and Ferrari, or Saloon cars as Jaguar, Sunbeam, Austin Healey, then another plastic F1 as Lotus 16 & 21 , Ferrari 156 , Cooper Climax, BRM P25 and Vanwall, and GT as Lister Jaguar, Porsche 550, Jaguar D & Aston Martin DBR1.

The Mercedes is for the 190SL... And make a pair with the Austin Healey 3000

So, Which name can we associate to Ford ?

Somebody would have seen the other names ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's cheating!
but a lot easier than hunting down the originals.

Would the Ford board be for the ford mirage? which paired with the Ferrari P4?

I would like to own an Alfa Romeo board, so Its good to see an original example. I also have Triumph and Typhoon, but have not seen Sunbeam or Hurricane.

·
Administrator
10,136 Posts
QUOTE (robertd86 @ 10 Jan 2014, 15:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's cheating!
but a lot easier than hunting down the originals.

Would the Ford board be for the ford mirage? which paired with the Ferrari P4?

Probably more likely the C77 Ford GT40 which was out a long time before the C15 Mirage despite the number being bigger!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well after a bit of a search the Bugatti Pit Board sign could be rarer than the actual Scalextric Bugatti. If the Pit Name Boards were issued in pairs or twos, the Bugatti seems unlikely to have been made.
Bentley and Alfa Romeo go together, Sunbeam and Triumph, but then what happens to Ford ?
Typhoon and Hurricane, has anyone got a Hurricane A206 ?
Has anyone got more than 17 different A206 ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.