SlotForum banner

Scalextric ALFA ROMEO 159 - Guardia Civil Trafico

12K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Abarth Mike 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Reference No: C3149
Class: STREET
Aailability: June 2011
Markets: Spain and selected UK stores.

The Guardia Civil is the Spanish gendarmerie. It has foreign peace-keeping missions and maintains military status and is the equivalent of a federal military-status police force. As a police force, the Guardia Civil is comparable today to the French Gendarmerie, the Italian Carabinieri and the Dutch Royal Marechaussee as it is part of the European Gendarmerie. The Guardia Civil uses as its leading emblem the motto "El honor es mi divisa" (Honour is my emblem) stressing its esprit de corps and pointing out the importance of honour. Their precincts are called "casa cuartel" (barrack-house) and, like other military garrisons in Spain, they appear under the motto "Todo por la patria" (Everything for the Fatherland). (Credit: Wikipedia)

Includes exciting features: siren and flashing roof lights plus front and rear lights. Magnatraction is included in the side-winder motor chassis. Quick-change braid plate fitted as standard as is the DPR facility for quick conversion to Scalextric Digital.

See less See more
#6 ·
That's the uniform!!!!
I don't believe it!

Nice car though. Presumably there is a large body of collectors for international police cars. Why else?

Actually a 159 in Guardia di Finanza colours would appeal to me. I've often fantasised about a race between the Carabinieri, Polizia, Guardia di Finanza, Pronto Soccorso (ambulance service), and Vigili del Fuoco (fire service). What fun that would be!
Imagine all the blue lights flashing and sirens wailing! Pace car? A black Ferrari, on fire, with one of the robbers shot in the arm.

#13 ·
QUOTE (zagato @ 10 Jun 2011, 21:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pointless! Utterly pointless!

Much like your post then.

Are you going to elaborate at all?

#15 ·
QUOTE (Graham Lane @ 10 Jun 2011, 16:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's the uniform!!!!
I don't believe it!

Nice car though. Presumably there is a large body of collectors for international police cars. Why else?

Actually a 159 in Guardia di Finanza colours would appeal to me. I've often fantasised about a race between the Carabinieri, Polizia, Guardia di Finanza, Pronto Soccorso (ambulance service), and Vigili del Fuoco (fire service). What fun that would be!
Imagine all the blue lights flashing and sirens wailing! Pace car? A black Ferrari, on fire, with one of the robbers shot in the arm.

Not quite there but I did chase an armoured Securicor Van through the City of London once.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (Robb @ 16 Jun 2011, 16:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm due to be getting some, but not advertising the fact until they are actually in my hands!

Robb, Sounds like it's time for another trip to Tooting...
Cheers,
Richard

(ps: I'm ignoring the fact that the driver looks like he's got one of those Ronald Reagan bank robbers masks on)

#25 ·
Hi,
As some of you spotted, I'd made a typical cut&paste faux-pas on the description for the Spanish C3149 police car.
This is what should have been used:
"The Guardia Civil is the Spanish gendarmerie. It has foreign peace-keeping missions and maintains military status and is the equivalent of a federal military-status police force. As a police force, the Guardia Civil is comparable today to the French Gendarmerie, the Italian Carabinieri and the Dutch Royal Marechaussee as it is part of the European Gendarmerie. The Guardia Civil uses as its leading emblem the motto "El honor es mi divisa" (Honour is my emblem) stressing its esprit de corps and pointing out the importance of honour. Their precincts are called "casa cuartel" (barrack-house) and, like other military garrisons in Spain, they appear under the motto "Todo por la patria" (Everything for the Fatherland).
(Credit: Wikipedia.org)"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.