SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tell me, I mainly use NSR and Fly cars, but I have noticed that cars by scalextric and SCX are a lot cheaper.

I've never really these cars a chance, I have recently built a MDF routed track and was wondering if it's worth trying them out?

Can the tyres been changed to the NSR extreme tyres for example?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Scalextric and SCX are good for the price with good detailing and finish. Some of their cars are faster than Fly straight out the box on plastic track. The build quality is, in my experience, much better than Fly. I have 1 NSR car, the Clio, and its faster than Fly, SCX and Scalextric. SCX and Scalextric are very good value for the money and do loads of interesting models

Matthew

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm new to this lark and have hoovered up 6 new SCX cars in the last couple of months, all of them costing between £10 and £20. Apart from one rattling like a milk float and the known lights issue when running on a 16V Scalectric track I think they are brilliant value.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Scalextric make hard no-grip tyres and they are not interchangeable with NSR because the hubs are all different. Very recent cars seem to have different and more grippy tyres.

Look, if you have cash to throw at massively expensive NSR cars then just buy one and try it out. Go for the Aston Martin LMP and see what you think. NSRs will wallop it, but give it a go.

SCX cars are getting better. But hard tyres with little grip. Nice fun cars and great detail on anything released in the last couple of years. Before then they are rather hit and miss models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts