SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was always one of my favourite cars. It always handled well and I thought I'd rebuild its internals and see how fast it would go on this particular track.

I put in one of the new Slot It 29000 motors.
26 tooth Slot it crown gear.
MJK tyres,
and one very strong magnet and some nice round wheels.
This is the result,

I kept the chassis and body standard with the same plastic bearings. They wont last long. Also thought I'd get the wheels as close as I could, ( although some nice fat ones would have been great)

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
I was thinking of "doing" this car too. I'm not great (rubbish actually) at making a chassis, so was wondering if the penelope pitlane one would fit in.
Might be able to get it nice and low and possibly put in a full driver figure.
Then some nice wheels and tyres and a proper repaint with Camel wording and a better yellow... I also have the JPS version...

No magnets for me though!

ABBO

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
..a 5.99sec on this track...but it kept wheel-standing out of the track
Still some work to do. Its still pretty much just bolted together yet so with some minor fiddling ( I'm too old to call it tuning) its should be a real rocket ship. Good thing its bright yellow because its a blur already.

·
Registered
600 Posts
QUOTE (uksqueezea @ 31 May 2011, 11:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>..a 5.99sec on this track...but it kept wheel-standing out of the track
Still some work to do. Its still pretty much just bolted together yet so with some minor fiddling ( I'm too old to call it tuning) its should be a real rocket ship. Good thing its bright yellow because its a blur already.

Looks to me to have plenty of room underneath for a sliver of lead just behind the guide to help keep it in the slot - would even look like the "plank" they later used for the ride height rules !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts