Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Adam Woolhouse
28 Posts

This Aston Martin joins our growing stable of DBR9 liveries from our fantastic GT Endurance range. The DBR9 has a superb standard of decoration and the high detail interior and metal etched small parts for finer detail make this model stunning to look at as well as race. The chassis has been updated to offer the DPR feature enabling easy upgrade to digital operation.

June 2011 - Silverstone: Young Driver AMR finished on the podium for the fourth consecutive race at the British round of the GT1 World Championship at Silverstone, England. After a brilliant victory in Saturday's Qualifying Race, Alex Müller (GER) and Tomas Enge (CZE) finished second in their Young Driver AMR-Aston Martin DBR9 in Sunday's Championship Race.

Magnatraction with two magnet positions for driver choice. Front and rear lights. Side-winder motor. Digital Plug Ready (DPR). Quick-change braid plate.

Reference No: C3293
Type: Single car, crystal box
Class: GT
Availability: 2012

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Nice car ......... why is the driver not painted?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Very cool car! Got it and gave it to my girlfriend last weekend including a new digital chip for £58. She likes it very much and drives so carefully now

Oh yes, SSD is expensive here in Denmark compared to UK.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Olsen ......... was the driver painted or was he white as in the photo above??

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got it recently, but I was I little dissapointed....the livery and body are perfect...but apparently my chassis was built on a monday morning or friday evening, the bushings had way too much play, the rear axle was not even in diameter, and the wheels were not round. I had a hell of time to get it running as good as my other dbr9. At 50€ if find this unacceptable. Otherwise a superb car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Worked a little more on the dbr-9, found out the real problem was the rear wheels were not centered, the holes for the axle were not drilled dead centered, caused an excentric wheel. Swapped the wheels for a couple of ninco, and bam....half a second of the track time.
Mr Hornby, if you wan't to produce cheaply for bigger profit......and sell the product at high high price: make sure the wheels are centered and round!!! Else I won't buy any scalextric car again!!!!

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Apparently, Airfix is now being made in India .......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts