SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm trying to find out if its possible to buy some clips for the Scalextric barriers, so I don't have to use the borders. I know I can buy them in sets of 5 barriers with 15 clips or 4 barriers + curbs with clips, but I don't think they sell the clips separately, or do they?. I did find a picture of a barrier clip on Google images for this forum but I couldn't find out any info on how or where to buy them. I think the Scalextric barrier and clip packs are quite expensive to buy for what they are, or maybe I'm just being a cheapskate!.

I like the idea of having the barriers closer to the track on some corners and straights without using the curb sections, I'm sure these would help with high speed spin offs too. If it was possible to just buy the clips I could use some of my existing barriers that I have for now.

Just so you know I have Scalextric Sport track, and will be wanting to use just the grey barriers, who knows maybe I'll just have to buy the complete packs with barriers, curbs and clips together when I have the money. I would have thought someone would have come up with a little clip available separately just for this.

Thankyou for any help and advice, much appreciated.

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
I've been wondering the same, and I've seen these which I think might do what you want:

Slot scenics track clip

(29p each or 10 for £2.75)

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG, you are a STAR, they look to be just what I need, I just missed out on bidding on 30 barriers(just barriers) on eBay for a fiver, as I wasn't sure if I could use them without any clips, wish I had bid now, oh well, at least I think we got the clips sorted. I'm gonna go and have another look and see how I go about ordering. Thanks so very much, very kind help from you.
(I'll update how I get on as soon as I can.)

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Also, checkout Pinhead's use of pop rivets for holding the barriers (below and on Link)
This is especially useful if you wish the fencing to be away from the actual track or if you do not wish to buy the borders and wish to add barriers.

I have bought both borders and barriers as they are less expensive than buying the package of just barriers.
But this is an excellent reason to buy just barriers off the web.

I hope that helps!
Cheers!

QUOTE (PINHEAD69 @ 5 Sep 2011, 11:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi folks, i was asked about how i use the pot rivets for my barriers, so here are a few pics, you can put barriers wherever you wish doing it like this, so your not limited to a border or a track edge.......it also helps if you have to remove a track piece as they are not atatched to it ;-)

i first drilled a hole fractionally smaller then the pot rivet head

then using pliers to push it in

i then drill a tiny hole in the barrier "post" this can be smaller than the shaft on the pot rivet as it will push through tight

then just push it on

by using these pot rivets also means you can have 5 on a barrier should you wish, this helps curving them exactly

and a little video, double click .......
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m621/H...trackmovie1.mp4

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi, thanks for the tips, although I'm not on a base board type set up yet, that will come in handy for when I do.
I was going to buy those clips as shown above in the posts but have put that on hold for a while as at first they seem quite cheap to buy, but you don't get many clips, I think it was 10 per so much money, and then add the postage cost, well ten won't do many barriers at all, so would need to buy a few packs to get started, and I was put off by the price just for some plastic clips, I was hoping they would work out cheaper than buying Scalextrtic barriers and clips, but it seems they are not any cheaper and plus you get the barriers included with the Scalextric clips in the pack.

So I'm undecided at the moment, as which way to go. I don't want to do all my track but just some sections and corners where I don't have room for the borders to fit.

I was quoted about £8 max I think it was for 20 clips including postage, I thought that was expensive for just 20 clips, how many clips on a barrier? say 3, so that's only 6 or 7 barriers that can be clipped for nearly £8. The Scalextric ones - you get 15 clips and 5 barriers and they cost about £6 for the pack with. So overall I think the Scalextric ones are better value as you get the barriers included.

That's just my opinion at the moment anyway.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi Sealevel - thanks for the pop rivet tip - not seen that before - a really great idea - thanks for sharing.

Best Regards,

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts