SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Hi All,
Before now I've always bought border/barrier sets, but I've recently spotted these barrier packs.
They look like they just clip onto the track without the borders, which could be useful where space is tight, or for inside bends,
but I can't work out what the difference is between the 2 sets, C8267 & C8212.

C8267

(topslotsntrains.com)

C8212

(slotraceshop.nl)

The Scalextric website doesn't give much away, and only shows them in their packaging.
Can anyone shed any light on these, especially with pictures showing them in use?
Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Even more detail...

The top one has (I think) 4 barriers plus rumble strips plus track clips designed to hold both the rumble strip and barrier.
The bottom one has 5 barriers plus track clips.

So there will be a price difference.
Also, there is an R2 set like the top one as well.

FYI, I priced the difference between the C8212 and the R2 barriers plus borders and there was nominal price increase (< $2) to get the borders. So would not suggest the C8212 for corners.
But if all you need is barriers for the straights... this seems the only way to go.

Cheers!

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK I think I get it... and thanks Julian & Capt S for pointing out the red and white strips in one and not the other... that's the sort of smart ass reply I'd post!

Capt S & I noted the other evening that with the C8212 set the curved rumble strip can be taken off the appropriate borders and fitted in the gap between track & barrier... so I'd use these for curves, but would need to already have the borders for the rumble strips I suppose

Which I then means the other set comes with the full length rumble strips for straights, as Simon showed in his photo with the bridge, children and scary man.

Cheers Chaps,
Richard

·
Registered
433 Posts
You should also be able to get the curved rumble strips in a set the same as your first photo C8267. Not sure what the code is for these offhand but you can also make your own rumble strips pretty easy to fit R1s,R2s,R3s and R4 inside curves. I just used 3mm MDF, painted a sheet white then sprayed a similar red to the borders in I think it was 8-10mm strips. Cut these (with a Stanley Knife) to the same width as the scaley rumble strips in any length you want (this saves on using all the black clips as you don't need as many). Worked a treat for me just the curved ones are slightly trickier.
Cheers
Matt

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 14 Sep 2011, 21:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is it from the Craggy Island Slot Car Festival?

Not Craggy Island, just one of the community fun days I did over the summer months and you have no control over who turns up for those!!!!

If you can get the black track clips on their own and have spare borders lying around you can just use the barriers and rumble strips from those. I have used R2 inner & outer rumble strips from spare borders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts