SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news for those asking me to make Mini tyres (at last) 😄

I have working tyres for the standard Scalextric BMW Mini. Not sure if the variants use the same dimension wheels as I don't own any - I only have the standard BMW mini.

So the standard tyre is 7.5mm wide and sits on the wheel to give an outside diameter of 19.5mm including treads.

As the spur gear is 18.75mm in diameter you can see that any attempt to true the tyres results in the spur gear touching the track 😱

The NEW TYRES, in Shore A50 urethane, are 8.8mm wide (yes they snuggle up to the spur gear just fine) and AFTER TRUING have an outside diameter of 20.2 mm. This gives enough clearance for the spur gear, fits comfortably inside the wheel arches and offers a full contact patch.

GBP 2.00 per pair plus postage at cost if anybody is interested. If there are lots of orders then please be patient - my day job is full on for the next few weeks but I can slip in a few therapeutic tyre making sessions 😇

Website still not resurrected but I am still here and the full range of products are in my man cave 😎

·
Circuit Owner
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just added a few shovels of coal to the factory boiler and we are gearing up for production right now
innocent.gif

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Thank you Richard for your support at Gaydon. I found your logo and it appeared on our poster.

Sadly I didn't have any takers for the modified Mini Se7en and Miglia classes, but I am hoping with more advertising we can encourage the analogue racers from SMSRC to participate, given they have all the build components being produced by their own members :)

I ended up with a fleet of BMW minis from Gaydon.... so yes please for an order of 24 x Mini Tyres please.

Best regards

Paul

·
Circuit Owner
5,966 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I honestly expected to be queuing up for the box stock Mini class. Doesn't *everyone* have at least one Mini just sitting around waiting for an opportunity to strut its stuff?
I have 5 (4 SR and 1 high detail) and we race Minis as a class at the club.

Set up well magless they are a hoot to race, my club racer regularly goes round the R4 long bend on 2 wheels - you can clearly see it yet it stays in the slot! Can't do that with a Slot.It

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Do you still have the BMW Mini tyres ? Need some for my Skoda and I have a couple of chassis I will be using for home builds. I was also looking for some Inox.

Cheers

Trevor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.