SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

The Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 is a rear mid-engined grand touring car. The Super Sport version is the fastest road-legal car in the world, with a top speed of 431.07 km/h (267.85 mph).[4] The original version has a top speed of 408.00 km/h (253.52 mph).

Designed and developed by the German Volkswagen Group and produced by Bugatti Automobiles SAS at their headquarters in Château St. Jean in Molsheim (Alsace, France), the Veyron's chief designer was Hartmut Warkuss, and the exterior was designed by Jozef Kabaň of Volkswagen, with much of the engineering work being conducted under the guidance of former Peterbilt engineer and now Bugatti Engineering chief Wolfgang Schreiber.

The car is named after French racing driver Pierre Veyron, who won the 24 hours of Le Mans in 1939 while racing for the original Bugatti company. It was named Car of the Decade (2000-2009) by the BBC television programme Top Gear.

Reference No: C3199
Type: Single car, crystal box
Class: GT
Availability: January, 2012

The Scalextric model is 'fully loaded' with lights, magnet, super-detailing, quick change braids and is also Digital Plug Ready.

Reference No: C3173
Type: Single car, crystal box
Class: Street
Availability: Qtr 2, 2012

The Scalextric model shows off the lovely detail of the engine compartment at the rear top deck. The super-resistant design makes this car tough enough for the younger racer aspiring towards his own super-car.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I bought a light blue one from PSR as they have then at a good price and windered how it compare to a Scalextric R8. It's a nippy car that really motors as there are not much inside it and it certainly gives the R8 a good run for it's money. I'm hoping that the spares are released soon so that I can fit lights to it as I did the for the LD R8s.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
bloody cheek , £35 for a black window no driver car. great if your a racer and want a lightweight shell. but £15 same as a start car is more like it. john.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have had the high detail model for about a month now, very nice probably one of scalextric's best cars I own.
I have yet to run it though as I just havent had time to set the track up, though it looks like it will be very good on track as its very wide and low.

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
I have the Super Resistant one. I love the car and even at speed it looks terrific on track. I do have a little trouble making it stick like other cars however. I am new to tuning so it may take a bit of playing around to improve it. It's a fast and smooth car but tends to roll off in corners. The only other Super Resistant car I have is a Ferrari 430 which sticks like the proverbial to a blanket. I also tried using a dremel to sand the tyres for the first time with this car (as I have seen done online). For some reason the wheels bound up and the dremel ate into the wheel a little so I'd like to get a new set of front wheels. Anyone know where I can find some?

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
QUOTE (GregK @ 2 Apr 2012, 18:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm hoping that the spares are released soon so that I can fit lights to it as I did the for the LD R8s.

Mmm interesting thought Greg - I like the light coloured Bugatti better, but that car is without lights. Would it be that easy, simply obtaining a spare light kit and fit it in the super resistant version?

Greetings

Merc

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
That's what I have done with five low detail Scalextric R8s ............ Pendles are your friends

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
The LED kit that will fit into the SR Veyron is W10185

Also, I have just noticed that there are three versions of the Metro 6R4 mentioned in the Service Sheet for it .......... it looks like one high detail and two low detail cars. Got to be soon

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Greg,
It would be great if you could show us one of your finished cars with the retro fit lights.
I have trouble figuring out how to replace the headlight lens decal with an actual lens. The bulb is understandable but the high impact cars just have decals for lights so what covers the bulb?
Cheers!

BTW, thanks for the part number for he LED kit. The service sheet mentions 7 C-series sets or car numbers but only 3 are on the Scalextric web site. Also, the LED part numbers do not show anywhere on their site, so I wonder if the replacement parts are available yet?
Thanks again!
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Oops, double post.
Sorry!

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
There is no need to do anything to the SR Audi R8s and the Veyrons as they all have the appropriate lenses in place. All that is required is to fit the PCBs in the slots in the chassis and connect up the wiring to suit you needs.

Any authorised Scalextric dealer should be able to obtain them for you .........

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Thanks Greg.
I was actually thinking of my Lambo's and F430 Ferrari's which are impact resistant but no lights. They have decals for lenses.
Thanks for the tips.
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I've been searching for some replacement light boards, to fit in the resistant cars - W10185 for the Bugatti, W10132 for the McLaren MP4-12C. No Scalextric dealer seems to have them available yet, so I suppose it takes some time after the release of the car model before these spares become available?

Merc

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
Hi Merc,
Funnily enough, they are exactly the ones that I am after as well. Maybe Scalextric have cottoned on and won't release them ........ oh well, I guess I'll have to make my own then ....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts