SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In celebration of the return of the F1 legend in 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship Scalextric are proud to offer a worldwide exclusive - the 2010 Mercedes Petronas cars of Schumacher and Rosberg

Michael Schumacher achieved his best result in six races with a seventh place in the 2010 Belgian Grand Prix. This was a good result for Schumacher and the Mercedes GP Petronas team coming from 14th and (team partner Nico Rosberg) 21st on the grid to a sixth and seventh place finish at the Spa Francochamp gave important points for the constructors' championship. C3148A is the 2010 Belgian Grand Prix livery.

Motor: Mabuchi FF, 18k rpm
Gear ratio: 9:27
Chassis: Rear Mounted Motor, In-line, Rear two-wheel drive
Magnet: Rectangular 2.5 mm, Down-force 146 gm
Overall length: 155 mm
Wheelbase: 100 mm
Axle/Hub width: 58 mm Front, 58 mm Rear
Tyre diameter: 19(ext), 11(int), 9 mm Front, 21(ext), 11(int), 11 mm Rear
Weights: Car 64 gm
Scale: 1/32

Also available is a standard boxed version C3146 and the Rosberg #4 version C3147.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Mercedes GP Petronas Schumacher LTD (DPR) - C3148A does have 20k motor.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Can you use a DPR from Scalextric in a 20K motor? Not toto hot?

Also, presume that this has fixed front axle with no steering, right?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
QUOTE (sealevel @ 30 Jun 2011, 17:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also, presume that this has fixed front axle with no steering, right?

Cheers!

I've never seen Scaley F1 cars with the steering. I think this is SCX feature only...

QUOTE (Minardi @ 30 Jun 2011, 18:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>@Sealevel; I have the Jenson Button Brawn GP 20k with DPR, works fine !
Me too. I also use DPR chip with Hamilton's F1 (Scaley club car from 2008) and never had an issue with it.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

I read about Ninco (I think) F1 cars with front steering which sounded intriguing.

If anyone knows about steerable front wheels, any info and comments would be appreciated. I would think that steerable front wheels would reduce the friction of the tires on the track.

Comments?

Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unfortunately, it will be like all Scaley F1s since they introduced the FF motors. Look amazing, and go great... in a straight line. Just don't expect it to turn corners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts