SlotForum banner

Scalextric C3186 lightning mcqueen ... 1/32?

7K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  spykerman 
#1 ·
Anyone know anything about this car?

-is it micro, or 1/32?
-when should it be released (I'd guess alongside cars2?)
-it appears NOT to be DPR from the manual... why would scalextric release a NEW car that isn't DPR?

#2 ·
1/32 scale and can already be ordered from TopSlotsandTrains. Not sure why all the new models are not DPR...

#4 ·
Films out in July, lets hopes the cars released at the same time, but on current form likely to be late! But what's the sister car that currently secret, could it be Nigel Gearsley (Aston Martin DB9R) or Lewis Hamilton's GT car or Finn McMissile DB5, hopes its one of the Aston Martins. Would also be good if a twin pack was available. Cars are classed as part of start range, so may not be DPR which is a shame, if not hope there's at least a hole in the chassis so a chip car easily be added.

#6 ·
QUOTE (TR7_Driver @ 25 May 2011, 18:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Films out in July, lets hopes the cars released at the same time, but on current form likely to be late! But what's the sister car that currently secret, could it be Nigel Gearsley (Aston Martin DB9R) or Lewis Hamilton's GT car or Finn McMissile DB5, hopes its one of the Aston Martins. Would also be good if a twin pack was available. Cars are classed as part of start range, so may not be DPR which is a shame, if not hope there's at least a hole in the chassis so a chip car easily be added.

Yeah, I'm buying both, and will convert both to digital asap with pics and steps

#9 ·
QUOTE (thestig514 @ 26 May 2011, 02:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The secret car is "Francesco Bernoulli":

There is a service sheet on the Scalextric website revealing this...

Cheers,
thestig514

So it's the same two Cars cars from Carrera and Scalextric? I was hoping the second car would be different. Are the Scalextric versions being released in North America?

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi there all...

Just received the 1:32 scale Scalextric "Cars 2" Lightning McQueen and Francesco Bernoulli cars..

The detail on them is excellent, and they look great. I have not had the time to try them on the track as yet, but I expect they should be great fun. The Grandkids love them

A great addition to my "Conversion" Cars Family

All the best.. Martin De'Ath..

#13 ·
Hi there all..

No replies.... So there must be no intrest in these 1:32 Scalextric "Cars 2" new releases then ??

All the best.. Martin De'Ath..

#15 ·
Hi there Ember..

Thank you for your intrest and reply..

In answer to your question regarding Lightning McQueens car colour.. It "is" a slightly lighter shade of red than my earlier Converted "Cars I" McQueen, and it is painted in a very fine metallic red, but as you say, it does show up a bit more orange in the latest posted photo, but that is probably down to the camera/lighting I have used.

Its a great looking car (as is the F1 looking car), both are very well done by Scalextric, they should be fun on the track

They will be a great addition for any "Cars" fan, and the kids love them.... Are they available over in Oz yet ?.

By the way.. I am also converting, a "Ramone" Lo-Rider with custom paintwork, a "Doc Hudson Hornet", A "McQueen" with Custom Paint, and a Sally "Porsche"... Should look good with the others.

All the best.. Martin.

#16 ·
Hi,

Ordered 2 Lightning Mcqueens the other day from Topslots and Trains, was going to get a Lightning Mcqueen and a Francesco Bernoulli but as my wife said, 2 of the same car will stop the 2 boys from fighting over who wants what. I know my boys are looking forward to having these, I'll have to give them a good run in first though.
Cheers
Matt

#18 ·
Thanks all for the reply. Looking forward to some tests. Really in doubt which versions I should get. The Scalextic ones are a bit cheaper, but where driving is concerned I usually feel a bit more at home with Carrera.

CODEBy the way.. I am also converting, a "Ramone" Lo-Rider with custom paintwork, a "Doc Hudson Hornet", A "McQueen" with Custom Paint, and a Sally "Porsche"... Should look good with the others.

Where do you get those? I did see some Chinese retailer on the big bay offering diecast 1/32 versions of various characters (even several liveries of Mater from the Toons series) but no Doc Hudson or Ramone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.