Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

PEUGEOT 908 HDI FAP Le Mans 2010. Team Oreca Matmut, No.4. Nicolas Lapierre, Olivier Panis and
Loïc Duval

The Scalextric modelModelled on the 2009 race winning car at Le Mans in 2009, the Peugeot 908 endurance racing car is a fantastic car to race on your Scalextric track.
The chassis includes our standard DPR facility so that the car can easily be fitted with a DPR chip for use on Scalextric Digital.
High detailing and perfect decoration are standard.

History
The Le Mans 24 Hours and Endurance
Oreca got to within less than two hours of a dream podium finish in the 2010 Le Mans 24 Hours, only for the Peugeot curse to strike one last time and send the car crewed by popular home-grown trio Nicolas Lapierre, Olivier Panis and Loïc Duval into a disappointing retirement.
Having matched the three 'works' 908 HDi FAPs during practice and qualifying, Oreca entered the 78th edition of the race dubbed 'the hardest in the world' to win in the frame of mind that anything was possible, and after rebuffing an early Audi challenge from a feisty Allan McNish and following retirement for the #3 Peugeot and a hefty delay for the #1 car, the brightly-liveried #4 machine held second place heading into night but retired an hour-and-a-half from the end of the race.

Features
Lights, front and rear. Digital Plug Ready - fit a digital chip in 60 seconds! High detail. Magnatraction with two magnet positions. Quick-change braid plate.

Configuration
Motor:Mabuchi SP, 18k rpm
Gear ratio: 9:27
Chassis: Rear Mounted Motor, In-Line, 2 wheel drive
Magnet: Rectangular 2.5 mm, Down-force 200 gm
Overall length: 144 mm
Wheelbase: 93 mm
Axle/Hub width: 62 mm Front, 62 mm Rear
Tyre diameter: 21(ext), 15(int), 9 mm Front, 21(ext), 15(int), 11 mm Rear
Weight: Car 85 gm
Scale: 1/32

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
On my list. I'll use it for blocking any fast Audis that want to come through - even if they are 3 laps ahead.

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
Pre-ordered....waiting in anticipation.

QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 12 Jul 2011, 08:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On my list. I'll use it for blocking any fast Audis that want to come through - even if they are 3 laps ahead.
......and because it's a French track no blue flags in sight....

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
I'm in a real dilema about getting this car or the SCX version. I was really happy with my facotry 908 from Scalextric, but viva la difference..

·
Registered
221 Posts
I never got one of the factory "Total Peugeots" last time Scalextric released the 908, I guess I'll have to grab one of these while I can, I am a fan of the multi coloured livery.

Funny, I was looking to buy this online 2 seconds ago, and came on here to double check it was actually out in stores - my heart skipped a beat when I saw it on the homepage!

I really must build up a LM collection to match my F1 collection, in time for Porsche's grand return to LMP1 in 2014.

Nobody does an R18 do they?

·
Last Place is my Place
573 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 12 Jul 2011, 18:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On my list. I'll use it for blocking any fast Audis that want to come through - even if they are 3 laps ahead.
why?
if you want to stop fast Audis is to use a ferrari 458 italia and close the tiny door for that the Audi is trying to come though

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
Was suppose to be a mid July release.....still no sign of it. What is going on? Slow strike in Margate? Riots?

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
How the heck can a "Le Mans decal" be a crucial decider in buying a slotcar

Even if a tiny decal encourages people to fork out their cash, as this model has not yet been released then you do not know if it has this 'crucial' decal or not. You are only guessing at a marketing-released mock-up picture. It's the same with the wheel size! This is not the actual model! It is only a marketing mock-up picture!

And how can you decide if another manufacturer's version is better than the Scalex version if the Scalex version has not been released yet?

·
Digital &quot;Tea Boy&quot;
777 Posts
Apparently expected in October.....I'm not taking any bets....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts