SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Yikes...I've got a couple of these C3197 Porsche Spyders reserved for me at Pendles. Seems like I should wait before handing over the hard-earned, to see if Scalextric address the issues raised in this thread.

· Registered
53 Posts
I asked Pendles to hold my order and now they have told me that Scalextric will NOT be replacing the bodies on this car.

Now I don't know whether to cancel my order or what to do.

Is the finish on this car really THAT bad?

· Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE (GregK @ 23 Apr 2012, 18:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As much as I wanted this car, I did not want a "seconds" quality and certainly not at the price. Pendles also checked their stock and all the cars appeared to be the same. I visited my local Hornby dealer and his cars were the same and when I phoned the sniffy Hornby Help line .......... "No one else has complained - return it for a refund" is what the man said then clunk went the phone ....... oh dear.

That is shocking. Utterly shocking. "Like it or lump it" seems to be the attitude from Hornby and yet they have produced a sub-standard car FFS

Probably nobody else has complained because people haven't been buying them!!!!

I won't be buying many cars this year, and even less since the price rises were announced.

I too was looking forward to this one, but Scalextric then put their prices up - a really dumb move in this sh*tty climate - and then to add insult to injury take such a nonchalant attitude to a product they have put out that is clearly sub-standard!

It is really quite unbelievable. What about customer care here, Hornby?

· Registered
53 Posts
It occurred to me after my last post that this is all the more frustrating when I know what Hornby are capable of.

I recently returned to another childhood love of mine - model railways - and I nearly wept when my Hornby Super-Detailed Flying Scotsman steam locomotive arrived from the National Railway Museum shop. I honestly could not believe my eyes when I took it out of the box.

It is one of the best models I have ever seen of any kind, period. A truly sublime piece of miniature engineering.

It's all well and good saying "send it back for a refund" when it comes to this Porsche model, but it doesn't solve the issue of them blatantly cutting corners on a premium-priced car does it?

· Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE (GregK @ 23 Apr 2012, 23:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All of the previous 4 liveries are in my collection ....... all are superb and ............ then the long wait for the next one, a particularly interesting livery. I understand that the car was a very old one and not current ..... that didn't matter, I can live with that. I can also live with the fact that the livery may not be the most current either ....... but I have always held Scalextric as producers of gorgeous and desirable cars ........ in my eyes.

C'est la vie! ......... It is not going to stop me buying Scaley cars in the future.

It won't put me off either....as long as they don't cut corners on a premium product, when they hadn't done so before.

· Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE (Dopamine @ 23 Apr 2012, 23:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So what do you suggest as an alternative? Hornby won't produce a new batch as replacements, so your only remedy is complaint by returning the car for a refund. What's done is done and no amount of bitching here will make any difference to Hornby. Send the damn thing back and put some practical force behind your complaint. Anything else is just hot air.

Chill
I can't send it back because I asked Pendles not to process my order when I read about the problems with the car on here.

Off to cancel it....

· Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE (ss67 @ 24 Apr 2012, 15:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have only just got that car and haven't tried it yet but I expect it to be the same as the others as it's the same model just different livery.

I'd be interested to know how your C3015 handles, when I first tried mine the magnet was clearly faulty. Popped a replacement W8475 in there and all was well.

Also been trying to locate the service sheet for the C3015 Spyder but cannot find it. The one on the Scalextric website (SS 417C) only covers the earlier models, and C3086 (the blue Team Essex one).

· Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE (ss67 @ 26 Apr 2012, 11:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry, you'll have to wait as I'm re-laying my track at present.

Doing the powered flipper mod, soldering each piece of track together and wiring a power loom.

Has to be complete by May 12th so I'll see what I can do then.

OK, no worries. Hope the re-laying and wiring etc all goes smoothly and to plan!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.