SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· David H
4,389 Posts
Save yourself a lot of heartache, Greg, return the Scalextric car and buy Avant Slot's version instead. Scalextric's model looks nothing like the real car as Scalextric has slapped a 2009 livery on a very old body style. You'll pay a little bit more for the Avant Slot model, but you'll be very happy with it; nicely and far more accurately modelled, better quality components, better performance. If you're patient, you'll get a new one on eBay for less than £35.

I've only recently started buying Avant Slot cars, but have been very pleased with them. Their performance is a match for Slot.it and their body detailing and especially paint and decal finish is noticeably superior to Slot.it's.

· David H
4,389 Posts
QUOTE (strongbow @ 10 Apr 2012, 20:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If only it wasn't for the tiny driver figures and small wheels...
sad.gif
How much bigger do you want the driver? Sure doesn't look tiny to me. Nor are the wheels far off, and they're a lot better than Scalextric's pitiful attempt, with its tiny little wheel in a huge rear wheel arch.

Yes, I know this isn't the livery GregK is talking about, but it's the same car and model underneath. It's definitely not Scalextric's finest hour.

Avant Slot
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Scalextric
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Scalextric (picture copied from SlotForum Retailers' News thread here)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

· David H
4,389 Posts
QUOTE (GregK @ 23 Apr 2012, 17:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>when I phoned the sniffy Hornby Help line .......... "No one else has complained - return it for a refund" is what the man said then clunk went the phone ....... oh dear.
Do as he suggests and send it back, otherwise there's absolutely no point complaining. Returns are the only way manufacturers can be encouraged to improve their quality control.

· David H
4,389 Posts
QUOTE (kipper15 @ 23 Apr 2012, 21:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's all well and good saying "send it back for a refund" when it comes to this Porsche model, but it doesn't solve the issue of them blatantly cutting corners on a premium-priced car does it?
So what do you suggest as an alternative? Hornby won't produce a new batch as replacements, so your only remedy is complaint by returning the car for a refund. What's done is done and no amount of bitching here will make any difference to Hornby. Send the damn thing back and put some practical force behind your complaint. Anything else is just hot air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.