SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
David H
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scalextric's C4210 Jake Hill Honda Civic has just been released with a livery that I think is meant to be from the 2020 BTCC season. Does anyone know if the livery Scalextric has used is accurate, or whether the MB logos on the model's doors, bonnet and roof have been added by Scalextric as an alternative to the variety of logos that were used on the real car?

I've searched everywhere I can think of, but have yet to find a photo that shows the real car with a livery that matches Scalextric's.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know for sure but maybe Scalextric had the car ready to go but the licencing talks went sideways at the last minute, the car would look a bit weird without something were the MB logos are even if they are not correct.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I can explain this one!
Due to the fact the partners changed every round MB Motorsport asked us to feature there logos rather then one partner or another, thus making it fair for all the sponsors.
Not ideal as i always prefer an accurate racing livery, though we did believe that the car would race like this at the end of the season, but it ended up featuring paying partners logos. Which is of course, fair enough :)
I hope you like the car anyway!
Simon

·
David H
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Due to the fact the partners changed every round MB Motorsport asked us to feature there logos rather then one partner or another, ...
I hope you like the car anyway!
Simon
Thanks for the explanation Simon, and yes, I like the car (well, I'm not that keen on the livery, but that's my taste and no reflection on the model as a usable race car) and have one on its way to me from Pendle.

Once it's had its wheels, tyres, guide, axles, bearings and gears swapped to better ones, it'll join the rest of my Scalextric BTCC fleet and will, no doubt, provide us with just as much fun as the others when we race them as a class. They're not fast, but they handle nicely and are very evenly matched (except for the BMW 330i).

As an aside, what was the reason for fitting the BMW 330i with larger diameter wheels than the rest of your BTCC range, but keeping the axles and motor at the same height relative to the chassis? All that has done is raised the car's centre of gravity relative to the other models in the range, and consequently the BMW isn't competitive without fitting smaller wheels and shortening its body posts slightly.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thanks for the explanation Simon, and yes, I like the car (well, I'm not that keen on the livery, but that's my taste and no reflection on the model as a usable race car) and have one on its way to me from Pendle.

Once it's had its wheels, tyres, guide, axles, bearings and gears swapped to better ones, it'll join the rest of my Scalextric BTCC fleet and will, no doubt, provide us with just as much fun as the others when we race them as a class. They're not fast, but they handle nicely and are very evenly matched (except for the BMW 330i).

As an aside, what was the reason for fitting the BMW 330i with larger diameter wheels than the rest of your BTCC range, but keeping the axles and motor at the same height relative to the chassis? All that has done is raised the car's centre of gravity relative to the other models in the range, and consequently the BMW isn't competitive without fitting smaller wheels and shortening its body posts slightly.
I didn't know that we had done that (I'm marketing/licenses etc not development) but il ask and find out.

cheers!

·
ParrotGod
8,231 Posts
Hey Dopamine
Have you posted something on how to tune the 330i? If not, are you planning to do an how-to on this new model?

·
David H
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've done the Pirtek one, but don't have any photographic record.

I have the BMW Protect X liveried car still to do, although I bought it in January this year and it's still at the bottom of a big pile of projects, so it's anyone's guess as to when it'll eventually get done. If I remember, when I do eventually prep it I'll take photos and do a how-to post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts