SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
306 Posts
Hi there.

I am not sure who can supply a gear puller but this is a problem i come across all the time.

As Phil says removing the washer is the way to go but i have also found that the rear contrate which are fitted to the power sledge cars works great.

They have slightly smaller discs/guides, where the amature shaft centralizes on.Thus not fouling the pinion.
Solved this problem recently on my c36 honda,it now runs beautifully.

As already mentioning,if you try to turn the nylon contrate down a bit to try and give a little room,they just destroy themselves as they tend to melt as this material just will not turn down.

Hope you fix it.And enjoy the aston.

Tim

· Registered
306 Posts
That's a shame Jim,i have done this several times and it worked for me.

Maybe i was lucky or the contrate on your powersledge chassis was changed at some point.
Looks like the way to go is removing the washer.

Even with a puller them old pinions are really stubborn things to remove.

I have another method but it's a difficult one to do on your own.

And one i have also achieved with good results.

Open the motor by taking the nut and bolt off,carefully open the sides to realease the mounting bar and magnet

Get a small dremil or handy craft drill.

Attach it to the magnet side of the armeture,carefully hold the motor sides while you get a friend to hold and turn the drill on.

Using a small file,gently take a little material off the side of the pinion as the drills running it.

You both have to be very carefull holding the drill and motor as not to damage it.

Worth a pop.But risky.

I have steady hand like a surgen so i managed it ok

You could do it whilst the motors running but that will only strain it i would imagine

Good luck,Tim

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.