SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fed my passion with the body and chassis of a 1960's Scalextric C68 E5 Marshal car. It comes with the window glass and roof light and nothing else. I aim to bring this vintage icon back to it's former glory.

Anyone got a spare motor, guide, bumpers (front & rear) driver platform, both axles with hubs and Dunlop tyres in their locker? A couple of original 'flags' would be welcome too.

If so, can I have them please?

Billy

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
RSSlotracing has your tyres.

Excellent repro flags & bumpers can be had from BTS Mouldings. You`ll probably not be able to source original flags now.

Original bumpers & drivers trays sometimes come up on Ebay, as does running gear, but you`ll pay top dollar.

Phil Smith (scaleslotcars) may have some original parts for sale.

Cheers,
Kev.

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Phil,
In the spirit of the Johnny Cash song 'One piece at a time', I've got to ask... how much would it cost to buy all the bits to make a complete car?
Cheers,
Richard

·
Administrator
10,160 Posts
QUOTE (scaleslotcars @ 19 Mar 2012, 08:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have anything you need for this car.

Phil, you have everything!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (scaleslotcars @ 19 Mar 2012, 17:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>more than the cost of a complete car!

Leave it with me Phil, I'm not sure I want to pay more than what a complete car would cost. Cheers.

I've got 3 other C68 cars, I'm thinking of stripping one of them for the parts and selling the shell of the donor car on fleabay, that might be my best option.

Billy.

·
Stranger Things 2
575 Posts
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 17 Mar 2012, 09:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>RSSlotracing has your tyres.

Excellent repro flags & bumpers can be had from BTS Mouldings. You`ll probably not be able to source original flags now.

Original bumpers & drivers trays sometimes come up on Ebay, as does running gear, but you`ll pay top dollar.

Phil Smith (scaleslotcars) may have some original parts for sale.

Cheers,
Kev.

Nice car Kev ... but that's a very unusual cross wind you've got on your track.

·
Phil Smith
2,638 Posts
QUOTE Phil, you have everything!

Well not the actual body obviously, if I had that I would build an actual car up! but I have everything else.

QUOTE how much would it cost to buy all the bits to make a complete car?

more than the cost of a complete car!

QUOTE Leave it with me Phil, I'm not sure I want to pay more than what a complete car would cost. Cheers.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick there Billy, I didn't mean the bits you wanted would cost more than the value of a complete car, I meant all the bits including the body etc. as the bare body alone would probably be worth around £100.
The bits you want would not come anywhere near this, except that the roof light is quite expensive but also very hard to find!

·
Jim Moyes
5,074 Posts
QUOTE (scaleslotcars @ 11 Apr 2012, 08:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>except that the roof light is quite expensive but also very hard to find!

Last one I saw on Ebay went for over £20!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts