SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Have built up a list of spare and unwanted cars over last few months down here in Australia, mainly through auctions containing cars I don't want, or already have, in order to get cars I do want.

Rather than just selling them on ebay, I'd rather swap them for cars that I do want.

All the cars I have up for swap are listed here, and are all in good working order, but may be missing parts. I have included links to pics from my website, if I have them.

C17 Yellow Lamborghini Muira #8
C17 Yellow Lamborghini Muira #5 (no windscreen)
C18 Orange Ford 3L #11 (without windscreen)
C15 Ford Mirage, red (missing screen, & been rebuilt from other car parts)
C3 Javelin (no driver, screen or trim - no pics of complete car but can send you pics of the body)
C125 Porsche 911's (x2 - I have 4 in red, black, gold and white - pick any 2 you want)

I also have a few spare body shells, motors and other bit and pieces available.

The cars I am after are:

Pontiac Firebird
TR7
Ferrari GTO
AC Cobra

Obviously, some of the ones I am after are a little more rare than the others and will not be a straight one for one swap. I am happy to consider any offers, and for the Cobra in particular, I would consider including almost any other car in my collection in the deal.

Check out the cars and let me know if you might be interested in a swap, or even a straight sale. Anything left over I will eventually list on ebay, so here's a chance to swap some cars for no more than the cost of postage.

Cheers,

--------------------
Graeme

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Graeme,

I wish I had known you wanted TR7's I have have sold three on Ebay oner the last two months, all complete and all runners. You could have had them for the cost of the postage.

Phil.

QUOTE (graemet @ 16 Dec 2004, 02:47)Hi everyone,

Have built up a list of spare and unwanted cars over last few months down here in Australia, mainly through auctions containing cars I don't want, or already have, in order to get cars I do want.

Rather than just selling them on ebay, I'd rather swap them for cars that I do want.

All the cars I have up for swap are listed here, and are all in good working order, but may be missing parts. I have included links to pics from my website, if I have them.

C17 Yellow Lamborghini Muira #8
C17 Yellow Lamborghini Muira #5 (no windscreen)
C18 Orange Ford 3L #11 (without windscreen)
C15 Ford Mirage, red (missing screen, & been rebuilt from other car parts)
C3 Javelin (no driver, screen or trim - no pics of complete car but can send you pics of the body)
C125 Porsche 911's (x2 - I have 4 in red, black, gold and white - pick any 2 you want)

I also have a few spare body shells, motors and other bit and pieces available.

The cars I am after are:

Pontiac Firebird
TR7
Ferrari GTO
AC Cobra

Obviously, some of the ones I am after are a little more rare than the others and will not be a straight one for one swap. I am happy to consider any offers, and for the Cobra in particular, I would consider including almost any other car in my collection in the deal.

Check out the cars and let me know if you might be interested in a swap, or even a straight sale. Anything left over I will eventually list on ebay, so here's a chance to swap some cars for no more than the cost of postage.

Cheers,

--------------------
Graeme
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phil,

Yeah, I know! I had one myself late last year, and got rid of it. Only just decided to maybe get a couple now, because I just got a Red Pontiac Firebird in an auction with some other cars I wanted. Had to decide whether to sell it or keep it, and decided that instead of having 4 Porchse 911's in my collection, it might be more interesting to have 2 911's, 2 Pontiac's and 2 TR7's, as they are all of a similar ilk, and have the same tyres and motors, so are easy to swap around if I need to.

Isn't it always the way, that as soon as you throw something out, you find a use for it!

So, while I was putting together a topic to cover that, thought I may as well include the remaining spares, ans list the other (rarer) cars I am also after, and see if I get a nibble. Won't have cost me anything to try. Just a shame about the timing!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I may not need any of those wings I told you I might be after when you go to the next toy fair. A fellow Aussie collector is going to try to make up some resin repro's from the good ones I have. If they turn out OK, it will save me a lot of money, and you a lot of time searching through spare parts boxes. Will let you know how he goes.

Cheers,

Graeme

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.