SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a stupid question but, is the body in the model kits they make exactly the same as the slot cars and can they be used on the slots?

Wanted to make a few customs but hoping to swap out the bodies to race with.

·
Registered
256 Posts
QUOTE (ListerStorm @ 2 Nov 2004, 06:56)Probably a stupid question but, is the body in the model kits they make exactly the same as the slot cars and can they be used on the slots?

Wanted to make a few customs but hoping to swap out the bodies to race with.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep they are exactly the same except i think the thickness of the plastic may be slightly thinner but the bodies are from the same moulds etc!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I've done this with a couple of Mustangs (static kit body onto slot chassis). The plastic is thinner and a bit more fragile. Another downside is that the kit doesn't come with a driver so you will either have to re-use the slot interior or adapt one of the unpainted Fly drivers to fit. I used the kit interior (identical to the static kit) and found that the Fly Classic driver with goggles fit after a bit of spacing to raise him up a bit. (I've asked on SF before as to why static car kits never come with a driver but nobody seemed to know)

When screwing the chassis to the new body make sure the screws you use are self-tappers since you will have to cut into the plastic body posts as you screw in order to get some "bite".

Coop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts