SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a couple more Scalextric cars and would like to get some with lights. When I look at the boxes the cars come in there are various logos on it, ie DPR (digital plug ready I'm assuming), but not all of the descriptions state which cars have working lights. Can anyone tell me wich logo represents if the car has working front and rear lights?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi, I believe the latest Scaley cars/box have a white circle with 2 stars on them for headlights and a blue circle with a white picture of the rear end of a car with a white triangle (possibly to indicate a beam of light ) for tailights.
I'm am however ready to stand corrected if someone knows different.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Jawsfan

here's a icons guide, you'll see icons for front lights, front xenon effect light and rear lights.

Sez

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Jawsfan,

you might want to check out the SCX cars, all of their GT's/Classics/Saloons/Rally come with front/rear lights as standard to my knowledge. There are a set of symbols on these too. I assume your analogue, not sure on digital conversion for these.

http://www.scxuk.com/original/slotcar/merc...amg-a10054.aspx

of the symbols below this car picture, the left one shows headlights fitted icon. The majority of cars I buy are SCX, the detail, tuneable mag set-up and lights are in my opinion far superior to Scalextric. They do sometimes blow, but they're standard 3mm LED's which can be replaced. The other icons are, from L to R, Tilting body, ARS Guide [sprung self-centering guide] and.... magnet!

Just a thought if your into lights, hope this helps - Bob

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
There's nothing to stop you putting Scalextric chips into SCX or indeed any other brand of slot car that takes your fancy ...

Have a look here for a list and here for more recent work.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's not really an option as I don't own a soldering iron and have never used one, Plus I'm not a very mechanically minded person, I would probably damage the car. So I'm better off just sticking with Scalextric cars and replacing the plug in chip.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Fair enough ......

I have a suspicion that Pioneer also use Scalextric chips ....... can anyone add which type it might be?? If it is a DPR one then you are in business. Slot.It cars have compatible chips but they require a little bit of soldering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts