SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

My Scalextric Challenger is more than a match for a "poor" driver like myself, works well and is a lot of fun.

However, I wonder if anyone has any experience of the run times before the thermal cut out operates. Mine will only run for 75 laps of about 7m, i.e. total 525m. Is this good, bad or normal?

Any comments would be gratefully received.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi Jonathan

I do not own a Challenger, although I have raced one on a variety of occasions, in my experience the cut out time that you stated is about normal.

Dependent on circuit length, Challenger would cut out after 50-75 laps/2 or 3 races.

I can't recall precisely how long it took to cool off though, however it appeared to be rather surprisingly, a good few minutes before racing recommenced.

I am sure someone who actually owns a Challenger may be able to answer any further queries you have.

Welcome to the forum and we look forward to hearing about your experiences in due course.

Best wishes,

Jamie

·
DT
5,195 Posts
You know, I've never experienced the 'thermal cut-out'. I've spent whole afternoons with the Challenger running in the background and ever 25 laps I send it on again.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I've had a Challenger for over 3 months and must confess, I haven't had it out of its box yet! Nowhere suitable to run it at present.

But it's curious to see that some people have persistent thermal cut out problems while others have none. Could this be a matter of some cars running more freely than others, does it depend on the nature of the circuit, perhaps the type and capacity of the power supply or as simple as manufacturing variances in the cutout itself? Perhaps a combination of more than one of these factors, or something I haven't mentioned at all.

It's a puzzle!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Or does it depend upon the ambient temperature of one's shed/attic/lounge etc.?

Mark

Fergy would be Ok living in the frozen north

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your comments. I wonder if it is as Tropi suggests variations in manufacture? Perhaps when the warranty period has expired I will open up the car and have a look. Saying that if the majority experience was for longer run times perhaps the car should be returned.

In the meantime I will put the car in the fridge to cool down...

Jonathan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts