SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

Reference No: C3219
Class: American Muscle
Availability: 2011

Over the winter of 1971-72 GM engineers, Dick Hoffman and Dave Horchler of H&H Racing prepared this 1970 Camaro for competition in the SCCA's Trans-Am series. This car was the third and last of three Camaros built by them for the Trans-Am series.

Dick competed in four Trans-Am Series races in the '72 season and had two very respectable finishes a 5th at Sanair and a 7th at Mosport This Camaro was noted for being painted bright yellow with very progressive black and red graphics and large numbers. It currently races on the very rare, and its original, Motor Wheel "Spider" wheels. The number 48 was uniquely chosen for the 4 and 8 being the fourth and eighth letters in the alphabet as are Dick Hoffman's and Dave Horchler's shared initials.

Features: Magnatraction with two magnet positions for driver choice; Side-winder motor; Digital Plug Ready (DPR); Quick-change braid plate.

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
Reminds me of those early 80's Scalextric catalogues where there was hardly a real livery available, just loads of saloons covered in geometric patterns. Somebody was definitely on something at Hornby back then!

I wonder if they're still there.......

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Wow! That is one shiny car! I mean a (shiny) toy...

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
QUOTE (Mr.M @ 2 Dec 2011, 11:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Reminds me of those early 80's Scalextric catalogues where there was hardly a real livery available, just loads of saloons covered in geometric patterns. Somebody was definitely on something at Hornby back then!

I wonder if they're still there.......

I think they are Jim - the new Camaro livery definitely reminds me of something. What could it be? Ah yes, I remember!

·
David H
3,910 Posts
Maybe I'm just picky, but to me the absence of the period STP and other decals is a glaring error on such a plain livery. When a car has a dozen or so sponsor logos, it's less obvious when one or two are omitted. On this model, their absence makes it look very toy like. Like Julian, I won't be buying unless the price falls to around £20.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I would guess they copied the current livery without the decals? Front spoiler is not quite right and they missed the Z-28 emblem in the grill, but I think it is a nice looking car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too do not like the lack of decals like the original, I know Scalextric uses a lot of the Historic Trans Am race cars as a guide, but with a little research the liveries should match the original T/A car more closely. I mean whats with the mirrors? I doubt they used them in the 70's......

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 2 Dec 2011, 16:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The first TR7s came in the proper colours - I had a red whit and blue one, I also had the Capri pictured above.

I like this Camaro, but I'll wait for it to come down to £25 before I'll buy one.

It's on it's way £23.41 including postage from Jadlam.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Got mine coming on the 25th. Prezzzie from Mrs Scalexkid.

Its so 'garish' it will have to wait for the next 'grown-ups' night at ENSCA, it might frighten the young'uns at a sunday teatime....

scalexkid

1 - 20 of 21 Posts