SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gary Skipp
6,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This product can be found at get slotted here: http://www.getslotted.co.uk/ProductDescrip...oductCode=C2503

I got mine today after boredom sent me into Solihull in the vain hope that somewhere would stock slot cars, seeing as the local model shop is closed on wednesdays. Typical me, I had one of those must-have-within-five-minutes urges to add to my car collection.

I was preparing myself to get either the scaley Lola, or this. Usually I'd keep my mind open to Ninco offerings, but I knew they wouldn't be on offer where I was going.

I decided not to get the Lola because (mostly) everyone at Pheonix is racing them and I like to be different. That said, I did see one of these Corvettes racing last time.

And I can see why.

Straight out of the box, I was equaling laptimes with my fly Panoz just testing the car to see if it works properly. The mag seems pretty strong when the cars going, but it doesn't clamp itself to the track as soon as you offer it to the slot.

I think the tyres help with grip, they are fairly wide at the back (and look even wider from the outside) and have a mild tread. There looks as if there is room for an extra bar magnet inside, allthough I haven't taken a peak inside properly.

The motor is mounted near the front axel in a very realistic position, as thats right about where the side exhausts come out of. The single mirror on the drivers door seemed odd to me at first, but I have gotten used to it. The car has front and rear lights, which are the brightest I have seen in a while.

I prefer this car over my TVR T400 which I recently bought, and I'm thinking about going as far to say I like it more than my GT40. I think every magnet racer should have one of these, even though it'd mean I wouldn't be racing different cars anymore
I don't know how it runs without a magnet, and I don't really know weather I want to find out, the drive at the moment is superb.

·
Registered
154 Posts
have to say lmp ive got two of these from scaextric
and as no one has mentioned them i thought maybe id got two friday nite fliers
they are amazin out the box and can even take on my vipers
what have they done to them ??
they beat the gt40's into a pulp

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like both my Scalextric Corvettes.
Bought them because of their looks, but got a pleasant surprise when running them. Not quite as fast as a mustang, but not far behind.
The only negative thing I have to say about them is that removing and fitting the body was quite troblesome. Don't know how long it took me, but I still remember the frustration...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE (LMP04 @ 7 Apr 2004, 16:07)That said, I did see one of these Corvettes racing last time.

And I can see why.
I think you are talking about last Sat morning? In which case that 'Vette was mine. Thing is I'm sure that car can be got to go faster while still being "box stock" as all I had done is basically get it out of the box and back the screws off a little.

I hadn't done any tyre truing or ensured the chassis was flat or checked the wheels for burrs as you are supposed to, so once I get around to that, it might be better still! I found all the up-engined cars left the Vette in another time zone on the long straights but over 10 laps I always feel that driveability puts you in better stead than outright speed.

Coop

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Interesting comments.

I've got one of the kit versions on pre order, so all this info is most useful.

Not sure what type of chassis to fit yet, as I need to check out the kit when it arrives.

Regards

Alan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.