SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
David H
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a load of Scalextric Classic track that is about to go to the tip, but I thought I'd offer it here first in case anyone would like it. It's free, all you have to do is collect it from Southwater, West Sussex.

When I last counted (which was in 2012), my stock included what's listed below. Most of it was in use until stored in 2012, and I think this stock list is reasonably accurate, but I don't promise it is.

Please express any interest either here or to me by PM. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, but not before Wednesday.

Mods, I can't post in the Swap Shop as I'm not a Plus member, but if you think this topic is better placed elsewhere, please move it.

Track

1 x C83 Cross Roads

1 x C73 Drag Loop

1 x Goodwood Chicane - track only, although the fences, bank, bales etc are probably lying around somewhere

1 x Pit Stop including in and out sections.

1 x C176 Straight Chicane

1 x C174 Short Chicane (2 pieces, in and out)

1 x C69 Bridge Half Straight (this is 9mm longer than a standard C159 half straight and has reinforcing webs moulded underneath.)

1 x C55 Half Inner Curve

2 x C152 Inner Curve

4 x C156 Double Inner Curves.

6 x C154 Half Standard Curve

63 x C151 Standard Curve

83 x C153 Outer Curve

8 x C157 Short Straight

4 x C158 Quarter Straight

9 x C159 Half Straight

112 x C160 Standard Straight

Borders

42 x Standard Straight, mixture of green and red/white.

43 x Outer Curve outer borders

12 x Outer Curve inner borders

30 x Standard Curve outer borders, mix of green and red/white

40 x Standard Curve inner borders, mixed

10 x Inner Curve outer borders

9 x Inner Curver inner borders

Loads of barriers, Armco style red, white and yellow, plus some of the older white horse-racing style barriers.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi David, Can you hold your Scalextric Classic collection for a day or so on the basis that Steamstevec (steve) will most probably PM you tonight or tomorrow as I think it's just what he is looking for. He would probably arrange to have it collected from you by MyHermes courier. Best Regards Bryan B.
cheers.gif
PM SENT

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is this generous offer still available?

Definitely too good for the tip and, while classic track is cheap and cheerful, there are enough 'special' bits here to make it quite a juicy package - you could probably sell the pits, drag loop and few of the other non-standard sections quite easily on eBay if you could be bothered.

Anyway I have thrown my 'pm' hat into the ring!

Cheers,

Steve

·
Bob Chapman
6,918 Posts
Hi David , you posed a very good question about swap shop.
I think what you are doi gnos not a swapmpr a sale, a very generous gesture to help someone get started or improve their layout.
I think this is an OK spot for it.
Bob

·
David H
3,756 Posts
Thanks everyone for the interest. There are now several reserves on the list if the first request falls through, so hopefully I've replied to everyone who expressed an interest for some or all of the lot, and you each know where on the reserve list you sit.

If anyone is curious as to what's most popular, the Drag Loop is at the top of the list, followed by the Bridge Half Straight. Perhaps someone at Hornby should look at producing modern versions of these, because I reckon the demand would be pretty high.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
What is the "drag loop"?

Is it the rally loop that essentially makes the course 1 lane or is it the loop-the-loop?

·
David H
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A quick update.

Thanks to a forum member, the whole lot is now on its way to its new home at a local school where, if we're lucky, it might inspire a youngster or two to get involved in our great hobby. For those of you who missed out, thanks for your interest and better luck next time.

David.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi David, Now that is a wonderful outcome. Let us hope that a few kids may see there is more to life than hand held gismos and learn the pleasures of the hobby.
thumbsup.gif
Bryan B.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts